Float valve for ATO reservoir

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled the side of a 5 gallon bucket and installed a float valve in the past. I used to then use a pump to transfer the water in the bucket into my ATO reservoir.

Here is a visual.
1637474093500.png

I also have a Reef Synergy ATO reservoir where you can plug in a RODI line and have the RODI water drip straight into the reservoir.

You can see where the RODI line would attach at the white nub in the back.
1637474165741.png

I would like to install a float valve inside the ATO reservoir itself. The difference however is that the hole is on top rather than on the side like the bucket. Is there a solution from say BRS that would do the same thing I did on the bucket?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tossing it on the table
mixed reviews...

Last edited:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1637474165741.png

I would like to install a float valve inside the ATO reservoir itself. The difference however is that the hole is on top rather than on the side like the bucket. Is there a solution from say BRS that would do the same thing I did on the bucket?
I’m not sure what your asking exactly, but I think you want to drill the Synergy Reef Reservoir and put a float switch in there? That nub that your taking about is a 1/4” John Guest bulkhead, and yes… your RO line will push right in.

I drilled mine from the back about 2-3” from the top. I had my RODI feed it when I needed to refill. This would eliminate the bucket all together. Just turn on your RODI when you want to refill.

The hole on top is for your power cord on the pump.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with that reservoir but assuming you can remove the current fitting (I'm sure it probably just unthreads) a float valve that has an adjustable arm can be use horizontally or vertically. The one you have in the picture in you tub can be mounted either way. If you mount it vertically you just swing the bulb 90°.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back