Float/water sensor mounted in return pipe?

Nathan Belz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love the apex flow monitoring kit, but I don't need anything that complex.

Has anyone mounted a T or at on their return pipe and installed a photo eye water sensor, float switch, pressure switch.

The goal would be to connect it to a break out box and set it to email me if the return pumps stop pumping for some reason.

I have 4 tanks with apex systems and can't justify 800.00 to make sure the returns work, but 40.00 in plumbing/sensors seems to make sense.

Any experience, drawbacks, thoughts?

I know this will impact return pump flow to some degree, but that isn't an issue for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new