Flood Guardian + timer

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the Flood Guardian work with a timer? I understand that the Flood Guardian plugs into the timer but how does it work so it only comes on every couple of days? Does it automatically open the valve every time it sees power? I’m trying to figure out how to have it come on automatically every 3 days.

My RO/DI set-up is....

I was using a mechanical float with the auto shut-off valve before my membrane. I added the Flood Guardian solenoid to the end of my rodi line just before the float valve. I figure this gives me added protection with the float.

blackway168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the Flood Guardian work with a timer? I understand that the Flood Guardian plugs into the timer but how does it work so it only comes on every couple of days? Does it automatically open the valve every time it sees power? I’m trying to figure out how to have it come on automatically every 3 days.

My RO/DI set-up is....

I was using a mechanical float with the auto shut-off valve before my membrane. I added the Flood Guardian solenoid to the end of my rodi line just before the float valve. I figure this gives me added protection with the float.

blackway168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, you can add a timer since it will turn on the solenoid valve at the beginning.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back