Floor bracing

stephaniej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to put my 180 with 75 gallon sump in my living room. The house is new construction, (wish I had them brace the floor during build) with a pony wall possibly underneath where I am wanting to put the tank. What do you guys do for bracing the floors? Floor joist are on hangers. If anyone is a structural engineer and wants to come over and help I am in Redmond, Oregon. =) All advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it is possible, but this is what I did.

FB782EE2-2A38-439A-9DCC-CC4219B664F3.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the new construction done using the customary county inspection process? That process includes approval of engineered plans and drawings that were calculated to provide enough joist hangers, joist spacing and subflooring to support the typical loading forces that might be encountered if say 8-10 of Uncle Ernie's Elks Lodge buddies show up singing Christmas carols and then seek shelter in the house during a December downpour and the whole group ends up staying all night and sleeping on the floor, sofa, and in the corner mumbling incoherently in the fetal position because the inspectors know that these things happen.

If it was randomly constructed without a permit then yes I would seek the advice of a professional.

season 3 GIF

OP
OP
stephaniej

stephaniej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uncle Ernie's 10 friends! ;Joyful I think I jumped the gun. I looked under my floor and there is two supporting walls right where I want to put the tank. =) Maybe the engineers actually looked at the room labeled fish room and put more support there, or maybe it is just because that is the center of the house. I am still going to put I-beam under the floor where the tank will go to be 200% sure nothing will happen, except for the unexpected that can happen when setting up a new tank. Thank you for the responses.
I will post some pics when I get things up and going.

Back