Florida Ricordea Help

MurphTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a small vermetid snail still attached to my Florida Ricordea and thought I'd give it a shot and pull that sucker off. I am pretty sure I got the whole thing successfully however in my efforts it also detached from the plug and caused a little damage to the ricordea.

There was a small hard black piece that it was attached to still that I tried gluing to the live rock but it looks like it is barley hanging on by a thread.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It looks like gluing these down is a pretty tricky job and I am almost thinking I am better off not playing with it and hoping it grows extra support to remain attached. It also has a nice string of mucus coming out of the damaged area but overall it looks okay.

If I see one of those vermetid snails again next time, what would have been a better idea to get it off? Bayer Insect killer?

OP
OP
MurphTech

MurphTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I'm going to leave it be and see how it does since it is still hanging on there but if it detaches, that's going to be what I do.

What are your opinions on the vermetid snail? Bad idea to try and remove it? Should I have just used the glue on that thing instead?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back