Flow for 40 Gallon Cube Tank

GooseDoesReefing

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Bend
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers, I am running a hygger wavemaker in my 40-gallon cube, and I plan on keeping lps and softies in the tank, is there any recommendations you guys have on flow patterns? I am running the powerhead at 40% constant flow, but I could do a wave mode or random mode if that fares better for the tank.
 
I personally prefer wave or random mode because it best simulates natural current in the ocean which the corals would be subject to. Please truly only consider this my opinion as I am currently in the research phase of my first tank and have only kept freshwater. I hope this was at least halfway helpful. Thanks
 
I personally prefer wave or random mode because it best simulates natural current in the ocean which the corals would be subject to. Please truly only consider this my opinion as I am currently in the research phase of my first tank and have only kept freshwater. I hope this was at least halfway helpful. Thanks
Thanks for the advice, I have been testing the wave mode and my goniopora seems to prefer it, so that's what I'm sticking with!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new