Flow for Reefer 350 (73g)

tottiforever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!

Installing my Reefer 350 (73g) next week, and I’m pretty doggone excited. Gotten a bunch of new bells and whistles (Reefmat 500 on order for example!) thanks to my scouring the pages here.

Anyhow, curious about flow. I like the idea of a gyre quite a bit, and I’m curious how folks feel about adding a single Red Sea Reefwave 25? Only looking at keeping softies and a few LPS. Would that be enough flow or am I shooting myself in the foot?

As always, thanks!

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t use gyres but they seem to do good work with that wide flow push at the surface. I run 2x Nero 5 on my back glass 75% on pulse parent child 90 degree so they chase. Moves good amount of water. May want 2 just so they crash and create that random flow when they crash.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Howdy!

Installing my Reefer 350 (73g) next week, and I’m pretty doggone excited. Gotten a bunch of new bells and whistles (Reefmat 500 on order for example!) thanks to my scouring the pages here.

Anyhow, curious about flow. I like the idea of a gyre quite a bit, and I’m curious how folks feel about adding a single Red Sea Reefwave 25? Only looking at keeping softies and a few LPS. Would that be enough flow or am I shooting myself in the foot?

As always, thanks!
That’s now but once u get comfortable w softy lps u will move into sps and flow. So I’d get more now and just dial it down.

Back