Flow for SPS

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are the powerheads both facing one way? The flow looks rather linear, the yellow stuff stays at the surface and goes from right to left. Perhaps put them at opposite ends of each other so the flow meets in the middle and creates some random patterns. And the flow can be turned up IMO, I have a mixed reed and my flow is stronger than that. I have 2 gyres in a 40 breeder both set at about 55%. If you have an airstone, it will help you more than the yellow stuff.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they’re facing the same direction. I’ve been wanting to add my gyre to the opposite end but can’t find the cable. I’ll definitely add to the flow. I will try to turn the MP40s up and put them on different schedules to shake it up a bit more.

Regarding the yellow stuff, I don’t use it. I only used it in this situation in order to create a visual to demonstrate flow. And since it made my skimmer go crazy for more than a day, I’m dumping the stuff for sure.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back