Flow in 93 cube

bucksfan1976

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
846
Reaction score
3
Location
columbus
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find a good power head placement for my cube , I seem to have some dead spots, I have a lot of sps so flow is vital. I am running 2 Jabeo wp-25s, both set on 75% wave mode not synced
Here are my thoughts please chime in

1. Add a little more rock to get corals up more in the flow area

2. I'm clueless lol

Here is a pic I took today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372730406.685405.jpg
 
I have the same cube i think, marineland? Anyway ya I also have a huge issue with flow (feel free to look at my videos on this section to see my setup. I use two MP10's and one small power head on the bottom which has helped reach some of the lower areas.
I dont know what to tell you besides keep changing things around to see what the best is for your tank. Currently I have synced mode and have the two MP10's in adjacent walls (both walls that touch the overflow). It seems to work better but I still get dead spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new