Flow questions

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have my 20g long Fowler tank and I’m having an issue. I have a 500gph power head on the right side of my tank and my aqua clear on the left side. It seems that the flow from the Powerhead is making bubbles from the overflow of my hob. I was wonder if I could lower my Powerhead closer to the ground so it doesn’t make bubbles. I also know that I need surface agitation, so I don’t know if this would work
Thanks for any help

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that’s what’s happening. Sorry for not explaining good enough
No worries. Think you need to just play with finding the best spot. Surface agitation is definitely your friend

Maybe try to angle the PH so it is bouncing off of the front glass first or maybe far side glass. How's your water level? Could it maybe be slightly higher?

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. Think you need to just play with finding the best spot. Surface agitation is definitely your friend

Maybe try to angle the PH so it is bouncing off of the front glass first or maybe far side glass. How's your water level? Could it maybe be slightly higher?
It could be a little higher, maybe I just need to mess with it for a bit

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise your water level and the hob filter won't create as many bubbles as the water cascades down into the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back