Flow tips

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They do a break down of the PAR from the stock light.

100 par on the sand is absolutely fine for LPS/Softies.

200 PAR center/rocks is even enough for SPS -- you could easily put some montipora, stylophora, or birdsnest corals along the top/center of your rocks.

This is a hobby where it is super easy to write off failures to equipment deficiencies, but it is usually an excuse.

If I had that tank, I'd be building out a softy/lps tank. Nice toadstool leather, some mushrooms, euphyllia (frogspawn etc).

If you are going to start upgrading lights, etc. You might as well not have bought the tank in the first place.

This is coming from someone with a RSM 250 that I've fully replaced absolutely everything on -- so a lot of do as I say, not as I did advice haha.

Yes, those are good numbers... if they are true. I'm skeptical when they come from the manufacturer.

OP
OP
R

Rockedash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They do a break down of the PAR from the stock light.

100 par on the sand is absolutely fine for LPS/Softies.

200 PAR center/rocks is even enough for SPS -- you could easily put some montipora, stylophora, or birdsnest corals along the top/center of your rocks.

This is a hobby where it is super easy to write off failures to equipment deficiencies, but it is usually an excuse.

If I had that tank, I'd be building out a softy/lps tank. Nice toadstool leather, some mushrooms, euphyllia (frogspawn etc).

If you are going to start upgrading lights, etc. You might as well not have bought the tank in the first place.

This is coming from someone with a RSM 250 that I've fully replaced absolutely everything on -- so a lot of do as I say, not as I did advice haha.
Yeah I’m weary about another light because the one I was gonna buy is almost twice the cost of the tank lol. My lfs said it should be alright but upgrading wouldn’t hurt anything. I think that my growth issues have widled down to bad Chem and low flow

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back