Flow Upgrade for Fluval flex 32.5

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always recommend jebao. One on each side.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which one do you think would work well in my tank?
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?
Depends on what you have for coral and rock work. I have a Nero 3 and a Red Sea wave maker, but you wouldn't need that without acros.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you change and customize the flow patterns and set a schedule?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?
I have a flex. Add a nero3. Gets good movement. And you could upgrade the pump in that aio chamber to whatever will fit. I actually deleted that chamber completely and added a cpr cs50 external overflow into a sump.

Reef2317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you fit the PS1 protein skimmer in the back with the Sicce? Cause I was thinking about switching as well.
I don't know about that skimmer and pump but red starfish DCSQ70 Mini Skimmer and dalua great white 3000lph return pump both fit.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo(13.5g) and upgraded from a Sicce 1.0 to this pump and loving every bit of it. I only run the pump at 60% because it's too much flow. I believe there is another size larger

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back