Flow Upgrade for Fluval flex 32.5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear Claw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear Claw

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
501
Reaction score
188
Location
Raleigh, North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?
 
I always recommend jebao. One on each side.
 
which one do you think would work well in my tank?
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.
 
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?
 
How many gph would you recommend for my sized tank? Cause that would help me choose which one to buy. Thanks for the help. Also, would the controller it comes with work for two?
Depends on what you have for coral and rock work. I have a Nero 3 and a Red Sea wave maker, but you wouldn't need that without acros.
 
Depends on what you have for coral and rock work. I have a Nero 3 and a Red Sea wave maker, but you wouldn't need that without acros.
I want to get into a bit of acros, but I'll mostly have LPS and softies
 
I'd check through the options on Amazon. Need 1 controller to take care of both. Been 4 years since I did any research on them. 4 years later though the cheap pumps still do their job. I'm awful about cleaning them also.
Can you change and customize the flow patterns and set a schedule?
 
Looking for a flow upgrade for my Fluval flex 32.5-gallon reef tank. Right now I'm using the stock back pump and an aqua top cps 1 max flow (256 gph). What would be a good upgrade for a mixed reef? And should I have multiple powerheads in that sized tank?
I have a flex. Add a nero3. Gets good movement. And you could upgrade the pump in that aio chamber to whatever will fit. I actually deleted that chamber completely and added a cpr cs50 external overflow into a sump.
 
does anyone know the flow rate of the stock fluval flex 32.5
 
I think it is like 250, which is why people upgrade to the Sicce Silent 1.5 for 357 gph.
Can you fit the PS1 protein skimmer in the back with the Sicce? Cause I was thinking about switching as well.
 
Can you fit the PS1 protein skimmer in the back with the Sicce? Cause I was thinking about switching as well.
I don't know about that skimmer and pump but red starfish DCSQ70 Mini Skimmer and dalua great white 3000lph return pump both fit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new