Flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter chases
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chases

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
des moines
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have My 10 gallon aquarium with 2 clown fish a while ago I had a flow maker that I felt like was to aggressive and my clown fish constantly being pushed around from it so I got a new one with less power but now they still try swimming right into it and get pushed around should I just remove it or is this normal?
 
I have My 10 gallon aquarium with 2 clown fish a while ago I had a flow maker that I felt like was to aggressive and my clown fish constantly being pushed around from it so I got a new one with less power but now they still try swimming right into it and get pushed around should I just remove it or is this normal?
I continue to move it and they just move into it again and swim into it just to get pushed away
 
That's completely normal behavior, understand that clownfish come from the ocean that is very turbulant. Don't worry about how flow effects your fish it won't. The point of powerheads and return pumps is to keep debris from building up and to keep your corals happy, do you have any corals?
 
Clowns are goofy, a lot of them are fond of swimming in stronger currents!

That's completely normal behavior, understand that clownfish come from the ocean that is very turbulant. Don't worry about how flow affects your fish it won't. The point of powerheads and return pumps is to keep debris from building up and to keep your corals happy, do you have any corals?
Yes I plan too witch is why I installed it
 
Fish enjoy swimming against the current. I see it like a bird catching a good wind current & gliding mid air, if that makes sense. In my observation, fish seem to enjoy catching the current & somewhat surfing it.
Gotcha thanks a lot I was just a little worried given that almost all they do right now
 
At some point you may want to get a bigger tank for them. Perhaps a 20 long. I had a couple of O. Clowns in a 10 gallon myself. They did fine but they appeared cramped. As to your question. Yes. Normal behavior. Mine did the same thing.
 
At some point you may want to get a bigger tank for them. Perhaps a 20 long. I had a couple of O. Clowns in a 10 gallon myself. They did fine but they appeared cramped. As to your question. Yes. Normal behavior. Mine did the same thing.
Also my plan to upgrade them at some point just kinda rolling with this one right now given that they are very small at the moment
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new