Flow

Shiggknight

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
285
Reaction score
557
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 86”x48”x30 530g tank. The two blue returns on both side. The pink and green are fx280 gyre. Blue arrows for direction of flow. What do you think?

Peninsula style tank.
A3F879E0-D34E-4B05-8E70-E240AB036C18.jpeg
 
Generally, you want to aim across tank at each other to have the flow bounce off each other and cause a gyre effect
 
On my 6' tank I use 2x fx330 gyres and 2x mp40s. I positioned the gyres to stand up like you have the pink on my peninsula end, I just aim the gyres at the top to the top of my rocks and the bottom toward the glass to I have flow down low in the reef. Basically I'd do it the same way in yours stand 2 of the gyres up and aim the top part at the top of your rock work, aim the bottom of the gyres towards the glass. It let's you see the peninsula end better also.
 
We will see also once I get the power heads wet and see how much water they move and where I need it the most.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 25.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 22.6%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 22.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new