Flow

Theolox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g AIO. My return pump is currently set up to run around 440gph. I also have 2 Nero 3 pumps I have running on a random pattern ranging between 25%-60%. You can see in the pic how I have the Neros set up. I was hoping to avoid having dead spots by putting one of them behind the scape and leaving the other one in front of the scape. I am curious if this is a common way to set this up or if I should set both Neros up front and count on circulatory flow from the return to avoid the dead spots. TIA for any thoughts/suggestions.

Tank Crop.png

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g AIO. My return pump is currently set up to run around 440gph. I also have 2 Nero 3 pumps I have running on a random pattern ranging between 25%-60%. You can see in the pic how I have the Neros set up. I was hoping to avoid having dead spots by putting one of them behind the scape and leaving the other one in front of the scape. I am curious if this is a common way to set this up or if I should set both Neros up front and count on circulatory flow from the return to avoid the dead spots. TIA for any thoughts/suggestions.

Tank Crop.png
do you mean at the front of the glass? normally you have 1 on each side and return pumps pointed towards the dead spots.
14D5E8D4-9BDC-42C6-92AB-B79BAE5F6AE7.jpeg
2 mp40's on each side and dual returns .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Tank Crop.png
Looks good to me. You can place a nano pump on back wall for total circulation

OP
OP
T

Theolox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you mean at the front of the glass? normally you have 1 on each side and return pumps pointed towards the dead spots.
14D5E8D4-9BDC-42C6-92AB-B79BAE5F6AE7.jpeg
2 mp40's on each side and dual returns .
I have one near the front glass and one near the back glass. I thought about maybe adding a voyager nano near the back glass to move any dead spots behind behind the rocks and then having both Neros up near the front glass to work in unison and create random flow.

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g AIO. My return pump is currently set up to run around 440gph. I also have 2 Nero 3 pumps I have running on a random pattern ranging between 25%-60%. You can see in the pic how I have the Neros set up. I was hoping to avoid having dead spots by putting one of them behind the scape and leaving the other one in front of the scape. I am curious if this is a common way to set this up or if I should set both Neros up front and count on circulatory flow from the return to avoid the dead spots. TIA for any thoughts/sugg

I have one near the front glass and one near the back glass. I thought about maybe adding a voyager nano near the back glass to move any dead spots behind behind the rocks and then having both Neros up near the front glass to work in unison and create random flow.
honestly looks good rn

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back