Flower/rock anemone

Sjaako

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flower anemone has been placed in a 1/2 inch end cap on the buttum of my tank.
It keeps there for several days, sometimes a week or more.
Then suddenly during night it has removed itself from the end cap and flotes around the tank.

I have been reading multiple post about other forum members keeping ther flower anemones succesfully on the buttom of the tank in a end cap.

OP
OP
S

Sjaako

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will grap some live rock and drill a hole.
I will keep u updated.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try turning off all flow, place him on a rock, then turning flow back on after 30 min or so. Maybe I’ve just been lucky but mine never move outside of the first day of “getting situated” and even then it’s an inch in either direction then stays put.
Knock on wood lol
Most people say they love sand at the bottom of the tank but all the ones I’ve had over the years have liked rockwork much better

JohnnyKnuckles

FragTags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have numerous. Most stay where I originally place them but some move away from from light and flow. Do your best to give it something to latch on to but like everything else, they have a mind of their own.

OP
OP
S

Sjaako

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stayed on its place for now.
What do u feed him?
I know it's not necessarily, I tried mysis but it wound take it.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the ocean RFA's grow along cliffs away from the sunlight or bury themselves in the sand with only their tentacles sticking out. They really don't like flow and will let go to find a more satisfying spot to latch onto.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back