Fluconazole and Lobophora (Waffer Algae)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fragzilla
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I dont believe anyone has tried it yet. SO far in the lower doses being used no macro algaes are being affected.
I would say re read the Fluconazole thread Q&A, it seems to imple it should work on most plants. I would assume a much larger dose would be needed.
 
Ok sounds like it's worth investigating further.

Just need to find that q and a thread. Hmm....
 
Have I posted this in the wrong forum?

I was expecting a few more replies
 
I've tried fluconazole in my Display tank and while it did a fantastic job of clearing up gha and bryopsis it didn't touch the lobophora, also it didn't do anything to the brown turf algae I have.

I'm now trying Vibrant after being reassured by the maker that it will "irradiate" lobophora algae.
 
I've tried fluconazole in my Display tank and while it did a fantastic job of clearing up gha and bryopsis it didn't touch the lobophora, also it didn't do anything to the brown turf algae I have.

I'm now trying Vibrant after being reassured by the maker that it will "irradiate" lobophora algae.
Yea, that stuff kills algae.
 
I've tried fluconazole in my Display tank and while it did a fantastic job of clearing up gha and bryopsis it didn't touch the lobophora, also it didn't do anything to the brown turf algae I have.

I'm now trying Vibrant after being reassured by the maker that it will "irradiate" lobophora algae.
Hi, it's been a while...just wondering if Vibrant ended up helping you rid of the lobophora? Cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new