Flukes

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share your procedure with using prazipro how you did it. The bottle says do a water change first. I plan on feeding them good a couple of days prior to treatment. I suspect flukes in clowns they have been scratching off glass and seen one time scratching off a smooth rock. I also have seen diamond watchman gobie scratche off sand bed. Everyone is eating good no heavy breathing no marks on body. Will this hurt red leg crabs and snails. I don't know for a fact they have flukes. I'm assuming cause this has been going on for a few weeks now. So as a precaution I want to do this and the bottle says you can use it as a precaution treatment. I just don't want to cause any further problems in my display tank.
I have 2 clowns 1 gobie 1 lyretail male Anthias "just added yesterday"one Blue hippo tang "just added yesterday". and red leg crabs and snails.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to do a water change firs.t I think they are recommending it just because you can't do one during treatment. Jay Hemdal's QT guidline discusses how to use it. I like 2-3 doses, either 3 doses 5 days apart or 2 doses 7-9 days apart. Once I am done I treat the tank like normal (run carbon, maybe do a water change if need be, etc.). Prazi is safe with inverts except things like ornamental worms (i.e. feather dusters).

OP
OP
Richards Aquarium

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you I'm doing this in my display tank. So do I need to do anything I have live rock and live sand I'll remove carbon bag and I run biohome media. I really need to get a quarantine tank. I just think it would be a nightmare catching fish wit all the rock I have in the tank. Another question it's a 75 gallon tank and the live rock and sand take up room which means less water. Is important to be exact with praziprone dosage organ I just add for 75 gallons even tho it's less water than that ? Here is a picture of rocks and 3 inches of sand. What would you do?

Attachments

• 20231213_124935.jpg
    20231213_124935.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 19

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you I'm doing this in my display tank. So do I need to do anything I have live rock and live sand I'll remove carbon bag and I run biohome media. I really need to get a quarantine tank. I just think it would be a nightmare catching fish wit all the rock I have in the tank. Another question it's a 75 gallon tank and the live rock and sand take up room which means less water. Is important to be exact with praziprone dosage organ I just add for 75 gallons even tho it's less water than that ? Here is a picture of rocks and 3 inches of sand. What would you do?

I usually just subtract a little bit from the total for dosing. Maybe 5 gallons less. I don't think its a big issue if you dose for 75 gallons.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help.
Run your skimmer if you have one, just don’t collect the skimmate for 36 hours after each dose. I also add an air stone or two to every tank I treat with prazi.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you share your procedure with using prazipro how you did it. The bottle says do a water change first. I plan on feeding them good a couple of days prior to treatment. I suspect flukes in clowns they have been scratching off glass and seen one time scratching off a smooth rock. I also have seen diamond watchman gobie scratche off sand bed. Everyone is eating good no heavy breathing no marks on body. Will this hurt red leg crabs and snails. I don't know for a fact they have flukes. I'm assuming cause this has been going on for a few weeks now. So as a precaution I want to do this and the bottle says you can use it as a precaution treatment. I just don't want to cause any further problems in my display tank.
I have 2 clowns 1 gobie 1 lyretail male Anthias "just added yesterday"one Blue hippo tang "just added yesterday". and red leg crabs and snails.
To be safe , dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back