Flukes?

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

Had a fish that developed what I thought were flukes. Doses prazipro two days ago and now the fish is dead and I am seeing signs of it on another one. Can anyone take a look and let me know if I have misdiagnosed this? Hopefully the picture is clear enough - it was a cluster of white spots on the fish that died, three of them, and the color on the fish around the spots was fading. There was also a spot on its fin that was causing discoloration in a circle around it, and its mouth was gaping open oddly.

the attached pic is of the fish that is still alive. You can see the white by its tail

it is not a fast moving disease, I first saw the discoloration on the firefish’s fin a week+ ago

thanks!

BAE02296-FE8C-4BFF-BC01-CA8FDE2438B4.jpeg 5893257C-9DE6-4F34-8AC0-64050323E552.jpeg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

Had a fish that developed what I thought were flukes. Doses prazipro two days ago and now the fish is dead and I am seeing signs of it on another one. Can anyone take a look and let me know if I have misdiagnosed this? Hopefully the picture is clear enough - it was a cluster of white spots on the fish that died, three of them, and the color on the fish around the spots was fading. There was also a spot on its fin that was causing discoloration in a circle around it, and its mouth was gaping open oddly.

the attached pic is of the fish that is still alive. You can see the white by its tail

it is not a fast moving disease, I first saw the discoloration on the firefish’s fin a week+ ago

thanks!

BAE02296-FE8C-4BFF-BC01-CA8FDE2438B4.jpeg 5893257C-9DE6-4F34-8AC0-64050323E552.jpeg
I see the white on the tail and then the flesh of the fish showing just before the tail. I don’t see spots of ich tho. Looks like a scratch now that should heal.

OP
OP
T

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I really do not think it is ich or velvet
I see the white on the tail and then the flesh of the fish showing just before the tail. I don’t see spots of ich tho. Looks like a scratch now that should heal.
yeah I am a big dummy and disposed of the dead fish without taking a picture of it, thinking that it’s gone and the prazipro is in the tank. I have seen velvet and ich and I am super doubtful it’s those

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I really do not think it is ich or velvet

yeah I am a big dummy and disposed of the dead fish without taking a picture of it, thinking that it’s gone and the prazipro is in the tank. I have seen velvet and ich and I am super doubtful it’s those
I see, good thing is your fish looks fed and alert, hopefully it gets stronger everyday and you no longer need to worry

Back