Powder blue tang flukes?

beanbagtang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed these small strings hanging off only his dorsal fin on both sides. He’s been in a grow out tank for a year now with no new additions or changes to the tank. He’s gotten significantly bigger and starting to corner the bangai cardinal in there with him. So I couldn’t tell if it was stress related or possibly the start of flukes. I have prazipro in case but wanted to see if anyone else could tell from these bad pics. Thanks



IMG_2017.png

IMG_2018.png
 
Doesn't look like a problem to me and not Flukes. I would just monitor for now. If you can post a full shot of him we can better evaluation his condition, but from what I can tell he looks good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new