Powder blue tang erratic and flashing

Your last post was blank, did you mean to add more info?

This could well be mucus cones/plugs, something a few fish, including tangs, show as a reaction to stress. The stress can be previous or active disease, water quality issues, even tankmate aggression. In some cases, the cause isn’t clear. If the fish isn’t showing any other symptoms, then I would just watch it for now.
I just dosed prazi last night and today the fish are heavily breathing. The powder blue tang has worm like thing or something like that coming out of the spots. I’m not sure what’s the problem
 
I just dosed prazi last night and today the fish are heavily breathing. The powder blue tang has worm like thing or something like that coming out of the spots. I’m not sure what’s the problem

Does the tank have good aeration - not just circulation - but a good amount of bubbles reaching the surface, or does the tank have a good protein skimmer on it? Prazi and some of the solvents used with certain brands tend to strip oxygen out of the water and add carbon dioxide, due to bacterial degradation.

The "worms" may just be mucus - pics might help us tell if it is that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new