Flush valve on RODI unit?

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out how to use my flush valve. When do I switch on the valve, and do I have my automatic shut off valve on or off white I’m flushing?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flush is to clear the membrane of any large TDS particles that may be trapped, to help it be more efficient, and you also flush new filters and membranes on fist use to clear any dust particles etc.

You flush before use for a few minutes, after use for a few minutes and maybe once an hour whilst using it.
This is meant to prolong your membrane and resin as less TDS is meant to get past a flashed membrane...some don’t flush and think it’s a load of nonsense, I flush.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flush is to clear the membrane of any large TDS particles that may be trapped, to help it be more efficient, and you also flush new filters and membranes on fist use to clear any dust particles etc.

You flush before use for a few minutes, after use for a few minutes and maybe once an hour whilst using it.
This is meant to prolong your membrane and resin as less TDS is meant to get past a flashed membrane...some don’t flush and think it’s a load of nonsense, I flush.
I got it to flush! I knew it was for efficiency, but I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Be sure to close other valves when flushing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back