Fluval 13.5 evo lightning

Skelly789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my light on the evo. Currently running the Fluval sea marine nano just wondering if the Kessil a80 would be an upgrade or not.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
If you want to grow some sps eventually, the a80 will not be strong enough. Also you would need a controller (sold separately) to control it, unless you want to mess with the manual dial everytime you want to change intensity and color.

I have used both the Kessil and the prime and though I love the shimmer from the Kessil, I prefer the ai prime over the kessil due to the built in wifi control that and with being able to control UVs' blues, RB, you can finely tune the color temp to your liking. one thing about the prime i did not like was the "disco ball effect", being close to my nuvo10, i could see the varied leds discoing on my sandbed, but this can easily be solved by using a lens diffuser on the ai prime that will diffuse the light and make it more proportionate.

either way, both are very good lights.

OP
OP
S

Skelly789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to grow some sps eventually, the a80 will not be strong enough. Also you would need a controller (sold separately) to control it, unless you want to mess with the manual dial everytime you want to change intensity and color.

I have used both the Kessil and the prime and though I love the shimmer from the Kessil, I prefer the ai prime over the kessil due to the built in wifi control that and with being able to control UVs' blues, RB, you can finely tune the color temp to your liking. one thing about the prime i did not like was the "disco ball effect", being close to my nuvo10, i could see the varied leds discoing on my sandbed, but this can easily be solved by using a lens diffuser on the ai prime that will diffuse the light and make it more proportionate.

either way, both are very good lights.
No will only be for zoas, acans, and a blasto.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back