Fluval 13.5 Filtration Advice needed

RoyalSerenity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m wondering what’s the best setup for the Fluval evo in terms of filtration and which chambers to have things in, currently I’ve got as follows;
Chamber 1 - Bubble magus mini Q, under the skimmer is loads of biomedia balls and my D-D temp prob
Chamber 2 - D-Flow media basket with floss, chemi pure, Seachem resin, Redsea active carbon, and Fluvals bio media that came with the tank
Chamber 3 - I have my ATO optical sensor + Top up pipe, Ehiem preset thermometer 100Watt heater, sicce syncra 0.5.
Return nozzle is a variable flow from D-Flow

Lighting wise I have the Fluval marine 3.0 22watt (annoyed me as I bought this then about 2 weeks later they announced the AI blades )
Wavemaker is jecod SW-2

The pump I’m looking into upgrading for a TMC 1500 compact

in terms of inhabitants I have;
Fish; Royal Grammer and a purple fire fish

Coral; Hammer coral, 3 GSPs, photosynthetic gorgonian, Duncan Coral, paly zoa, 2 blue spotted discoscoma mushroom, Jaffa cake mushroom, mint chocolate zoa, John Deere zoa

Inverts; 2 sand shifting conch snails, 2 black footed trochus snails, 2 nassarius snails, 1 spiny asteras snail, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 common hermits (plan on removing as are very large now and just cause havoc)

If there’s anything better I can use chambers for then please let me know, this is my first reef tank so still learning but the tank so far is doing very well and is coming up to 9 months old.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back