Fluval 13.5 gallon

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so I was in the saltwater tank hobby for about 3 years and have been out of it for about 2 now with no tank. I recently found my old 13.5 gallon fluval EVO tank and want to set it back up. I’m looking to purchase a new submersible pump for it as that’s the only thing I believe needs replaced on it. Any help/recommendations for one would be great! Also looking for the best reverse osmosis filter to make my own clean water to use for the tank.

lopez052308

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For RODI bulk reef supply has good options and for the pump I would recommend the Syncra nano

mbmartin06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, so I was in the saltwater tank hobby for about 3 years and have been out of it for about 2 now with no tank. I recently found my old 13.5 gallon fluval EVO tank and want to set it back up. I’m looking to purchase a new submersible pump for it as that’s the only thing I believe needs replaced on it. Any help/recommendations for one would be great! Also looking for the best reverse osmosis filter to make my own clean water to use for the tank.
I have the Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 Pump. you have to fiddle with it a li bit to get it all the way to the bottom of the 3rd chamber but no complaints otherwise. It’s about 13x turnover. You can get the 1.0 if you want 20x+ turnover.

tons of Rodi that are great on the market. I have an AirWaterIce one that always reads 0 tds at the end.

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 Pump. you have to fiddle with it a li bit to get it all the way to the bottom of the 3rd chamber but no complaints otherwise. It’s about 13x turnover. You can get the 1.0 if you want 20x+ turnover.

tons of Rodi that are great on the market. I have an AirWaterIce one that always reads 0 tds at the end.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
got the same one in mine and love it

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I actually went and got the sicce 1.0 today and yes very tight fit in chamber 3. Had to put it in there at an angle but all seems good with it so far. I think I’m going to upgrade the filter next with the intank chamber 1 with filter floss, seachem, and chemi pure. And then in chamber two just add a bag of marine pure bio balls

mbmartin06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually went and got the sicce 1.0 today and yes very tight fit in chamber 3. Had to put it in there at an angle but all seems good with it so far. I think I’m going to upgrade the filter next with the intank chamber 1 with filter floss, seachem, and chemi pure. And then in chamber two just add a bag of marine pure bio balls
Sounds like a plan.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filter. Slides all the way down in chamber 1, completely covers the weirs between chamber 1&2. The pic of the dirty filter was after a full week of filtering. Chamber 2 houses my cheato (with cheatomax light) chamber 3 has my return pump and heater and ATO sensor. I also have incorporated a denitrifier which I keep the pump for it in chamber 1. My nutrients have been rock solid since September. I maintain at 5-10 in N03 and hover around .07 in P04. B3BAA88D-60C3-4632-AAEB-2AEACB26E2D8.jpeg E4110B4A-4880-4041-B6E2-16C66396C337.jpeg

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the sicce 1.0 with random flow generators. Works well and I don’t have to use any power heads.
Awesome, I’m running a small sicce power head as well for some extra flow as I have one of the nozzels from the return pump pointed at surface of water

Abiodork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this thread - I've had my Fluval 13.5 running for about 2 months now and I've noticed that the return flow has diminished quite a bit - the flow is very weak coming out of the dual nozzles and my water temperature has also risen a couple of degrees over the past week. I'm planning to disassemble it tonight to see if it's clogged, but I wanted to find out about appropriate replacements for this tanks stock return pump if that is starting to fail. The sicce 0.5 sounds like it would do the job!

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this thread - I've had my Fluval 13.5 running for about 2 months now and I've noticed that the return flow has diminished quite a bit - the flow is very weak coming out of the dual nozzles and my water temperature has also risen a couple of degrees over the past week. I'm planning to disassemble it tonight to see if it's clogged, but I wanted to find out about appropriate replacements for this tanks stock return pump if that is starting to fail. The sicce 0.5 sounds like it would do the job!
Sicce seems to be a very popular brand. I went with the 1.0 to get a bit more flow for corals, it’s a tight fit but if u put it in at an angle it just barely gets in there and doesn’t vibrate on the glass or anything.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back