Fluval 13.5 Kraken Lid Cut-outs

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to upgrade the cover from stock lid due to overheating and because my DIY mesh cover is only a short term (and unattractive) fix.

Trying to think ahead, what types of cords might be coming out of my tank and where would be best to put the cord cutouts?

I currently have a powerhead and two thermometer (one of them inkbird) cords in the back, sump-side corner. With the Fluval 13.5, do you typically need powerheads on both sides? Opposite corners? Most likely future for this tank is soft and LPS coral (although a montipora cap would be amazing). Possibly a BTA instead.

Just trying to think ahead to avoid buying another >$100 lid. Thanks for your help!

KalamazooReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Evo 13.5 with a Kraken lid. I only got one cutout near the filter side, and regretted it. Get at least (2) cutouts. I’d recommend one near the filter side and one near the glass end, both positioned along a long glass rim, unless you’ve got something specific in mind. The cutouts are fairly generous, so (2) of them should “futureproof” you for a nano tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back