• 20201201_120658.jpg
    20201201_120658.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 237

#R_TST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice, looks like you've got random flow generating nozzles? I didn't think about changing the nozzles to something bigger and more gentle, makes sense and would probably increase overall flow through tank and filter media
The RFGs help some. I had the issue with the sand blowing from the front of the tank when I had them facing the front. I also have enough flow that I make a hole in the sand bed if I have them downward facing at all. I have the inTank baskets as well. I'm also going to replace the stock pump with Syncra Silent 1.5 and add a 2nd powerhead. I had thought one powerhead would be enough for this size tank. Once I got my aquascape in I'm wondering if I went too high? I'm about 4" below my current waterline. It's glued solid so I don't know if I want to try to remove the top rock. I also need to find a magnetic scraper that works with the curved glass.

dhewitt879

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the auto aqua smart ATO. Works wonderfully with a 1 gallon jug of top off water. I go through a little more than a gallon a week of water.
I have the same ATO running down to a trigger ato 5 gal container. With the lid closed, I can go a couple weeks before the container needs to be refilled.

OP
OP
M

Muwahha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m closing in on one year that I’ve had this tank setup. I will say it accomplished what I hope it would and that was give me the confidence to run and operate a coral tank. Figured I would throw in a picture of the tank. As of right now. iPhones are horrible with blue light so excuse the look. I will be adding more rock in the future. Something along the lines of the Carib sea caves and branches I think. Need to fill in the center with something g without losing my ric garden space or cleaning the back panel.
Stick list consists of 2 paired fire fish. 2 clowns. 3 types of ricordea mushrooms, frogspawn, torch, 5 types of zoas, Duncan and a bright reddish orange mushroom. 10 dwarf blue leg hermits. 2 Halloween hermits and 1 electric blue leg. 6 astrea snails, 2 ninja star snails, 6 ceriths and 1 nassarius. Oh and a amazing looking rock flower that perched itself on the front curve of the glass so you can only see it from the side....

Attachments

• D7C5302D-74EF-4482-B582-AB3C57ED5C48.jpeg
    D7C5302D-74EF-4482-B582-AB3C57ED5C48.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 289

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m closing in on one year that I’ve had this tank setup. I will say it accomplished what I hope it would and that was give me the confidence to run and operate a coral tank. Figured I would throw in a picture of the tank. As of right now. iPhones are horrible with blue light so excuse the look. I will be adding more rock in the future. Something along the lines of the Carib sea caves and branches I think. Need to fill in the center with something g without losing my ric garden space or cleaning the back panel.
Stick list consists of 2 paired fire fish. 2 clowns. 3 types of ricordea mushrooms, frogspawn, torch, 5 types of zoas, Duncan and a bright reddish orange mushroom. 10 dwarf blue leg hermits. 2 Halloween hermits and 1 electric blue leg. 6 astrea snails, 2 ninja star snails, 6 ceriths and 1 nassarius. Oh and a amazing looking rock flower that perched itself on the front curve of the glass so you can only see it from the side....

I think your tank would look great with an arch you can get the caribsea life rock shape rock ive got an arch in mine and it would look great in yours.

20210119_121622.jpg

Good luck! The tabk has come a long way in a year!

OP
OP
M

Muwahha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your tank would look great with an arch you can get the caribsea life rock shape rock ive got an arch in mine and it would look great in yours.

20210119_121622.jpg

Good luck! The tabk has come a long way in a year!
Pretty much what I had in mind. Plus give me a bit more real estate for some drag plugs.

connermcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I love reading all your thoughts in this thread.

I just got this tank set up and filled last night. I have done freshwater for several years but this is my first time doing saltwater.
This was actually my second attempt setting up the Fluval 32.5. The first time one of the back seems broke on a corner and splilled all over my floor. The place I got it from sent me a replacement, and I kept the old as well. So I put the light from the old one on the new one too, and I have a bunch of replacement parts now as well.

I have the recommended protein skimmer for it installed. But the recommended heater was out of stock. So I got an Eheim heater. But it doesn't fit in the small side compartments in the back. Has anyone had this happen or modded their tank to fit a fatter heater than the recommended Fluval one in the back?

OP
OP
M

Muwahha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure I ended up with a aqueon 50w heater. I had a higher wattage glass submersible and it seem to irritate everything in the tank when it kicked on. Bought the ink bird controller off Amazon with an extra thermometer with probe to calibrate the controller

Mryan300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to removing one of those bars on the inlet screen where the water surface was blocked. Working great and ZERO surface scum now!

Used a flathead screwdriver to insert in the gaps and push on the little piece I wanted to remove, bending up and down to make it flex and soften, came right out.

This is in combo with removing the top divider that's right behind this overflow section, with the inTank baskets which create a true overflow into the media chambers.

Hopefully this info helps other Fluval Flex 32.5 Saltwater owners in the future!

15905862976707266895786632223835.jpg
Can you take a picture of how you did the overflow section? I’m having trouble with my flow. And any suggestions on a return pump to get more surface flow

Purkey Pets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Can you take a picture of how you did the overflow section? I’m having trouble with my flow. And any suggestions on a return pump to get more surface flow
Look for post #40 in this thread.

I was able to use a Sicce Syncra 1.5 and get good flow through inTank media baskets. Also had Aqamai KPS powerheads in each back corner.

I have since taken my tank down - would you be interested in buying used? Let me know, I can get pictures of everything.
Sicce Syncra 1.5
2x Aqamai KPS
2x inTank media baskets

SergeiCali

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up to all!! Got a question has anybody have a problem with the middle chamber water level just going low even when you top it off?

Upgrades:
Jebao 2500 pump
2 Jebao OW-10
Tunez 9001 skimmer
2 Orbit Marine LED “so using Fluval marine led”
LED grow light for chaeto
Ink-Bird Temperature Controller w/ Fluval heater
2 intank media basket

25 lbs of ApurpleReef black-out dry rock
40 lbs of ApurpleReef Orchid Coast live sand
20 lbs of Real Reef Branch Rock

Pics from July

427D6EFA-C8E7-4196-A453-5C4EB7C7928C.jpeg
DCF86727-5B07-4AD4-A8C9-730773028CBF.jpeg
ABAC2A61-AC30-4443-A622-8BE90D140CD4.jpeg

Pics from now

A5903CD4-481E-4357-8100-3092DAE51CD3.jpeg
76BB7733-D10C-4201-B850-96B036231B02.jpeg
FD57A921-D65F-4A0E-B347-BB93BFA32F39.jpeg
Are these Fluval Marine lights? What did you use for mounting?

Back