Fluval 5.0 EVO update

dolphindan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
37
Location
florida keys
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Update on the fluval 5.0 build. Just added my first coral, a GSP. I bonded him onto a rock that is bonded to the rest of the structure, so if it grows all over I can remove the rock. Also added a nice G BTA named Clark. He seems pretty happy and ate spot fed mysis 24 hrs after purchase. Clowns are clowning and parameters are started to get where I want. Slowly bringing alkalinity up with B-Ionic dosing. Next step is to work on clearing up the water. Might do chemi pure or just a big water change.

image.jpg
 
Hello! Update on the fluval 5.0 build. Just added my first coral, a GSP. I bonded him onto a rock that is bonded to the rest of the structure, so if it grows all over I can remove the rock. Also added a nice G BTA named Clark. He seems pretty happy and ate spot fed mysis 24 hrs after purchase. Clowns are clowning and parameters are started to get where I want. Slowly bringing alkalinity up with B-Ionic dosing. Next step is to work on clearing up the water. Might do chemi pure or just a big water change.

image.jpg
What light are you running on that? I've got a Fluval Spec V that I'm looking for options for.
 
Hello! Update on the fluval 5.0 build. Just added my first coral, a GSP. I bonded him onto a rock that is bonded to the rest of the structure, so if it grows all over I can remove the rock. Also added a nice G BTA named Clark. He seems pretty happy and ate spot fed mysis 24 hrs after purchase. Clowns are clowning and parameters are started to get where I want. Slowly bringing alkalinity up with B-Ionic dosing. Next step is to work on clearing up the water. Might do chemi pure or just a big water change.

image.jpg
Love the aquascape design!
 
What light are you running on that? I've got a Fluval Spec V that I'm looking for options for.
I have the FLUVAL marine 3.0 22W 15-24” running the preset Deep Sea Glow with edited Whites up to 25%. Going to see how everything does in a week with the nem and GSP as Ive heard mixed things about the light. So far so good though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new