Rogerstd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any luck with the

INTANK MEDIA BASKET FOR FLUVAL AQUACLEAR 110 - HOB​

I have a 55 gallon reef tank currently with a canister filter (penn-plex I believe which I'm already not the biggest fan of), as well as an octo skimmer. Fish are doing great, and corals are doing well in the tank (though the growth of corals isn't quite where I want it). I have a constant hair algae problem and at this point I believe it is because of the canister just trapping nitrates and phosphates, even though I do clean it a couple times a month. I unfortunately do not have the space under my tank to do a sump, so am debating the aquaclear 110 HOB with the intake insert to customize filtration some to replace the canister. Has anyone had any good results from it?? Or would you have other recommendations??
I would do without either, but given I have a relatively higher bioload than I probably should, I am trying to make sure to have as much filtration as I can really

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ac 50 to put my skimmer in because I have no sump, would love to have the space of the 110 for probes and stuff but I can't even buy those around here

But if your skimmer is separate, what exactly do you plan on putting in there? A refugium?

And if the canister is not doing its literally only job, why do you even run it? Maybe just take it offline for a few days and measure what happens

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back