Fluval Edge 12 gal nano reef tips

Megan Mathis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I recently got a 12 gallon fluval that i would love to make a reef. Im trying to figure out the best filtration method for this nano because i am limited on space with the 6 inch opening and the shape.
I saw a video on the marine pack on youtube that is a cool filtration system for it but i had no luck finding where to buy it. So Im thinking a 10 gallon sump and i have a good sized protein skimmer. I may order the sump kit off of ebay for $40.
I am thinking about how im going to get the water into the sump. Maybe a small overflow for the top but then to do any maitainence i would have to take it off to get my hand in there.

Let me know if anyone has any tips for the fluval edges. It is much appreciated

-Megan

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of folks drilling the regular filtration area of All In One aquariums like the fluval in order to install drain and return lines, effectively making it a non-AIO aquarium. I considered doing it for an old Aqueon 8 gallon AIO I had but never got around to it. I would just be extremely careful if you do drill anything since these small AIO aquariums have very thin glass and can break easily under the stresses that drilling would cause.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What live stock you plan to keep ? You can use an aqua clear 70 hob filter as fuge. A small media basket can be made with plexi glass to house chemipure nano. Unless you plan to keep lots of sps and less water changes you won't need skimmer. There is mame and some other air stone driven skimmer if you want one

Last edited:

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to have a 6 gallon one and I just use active carbon and weekly water change. Flow and lighting upgrade is more important.
907e5e7c20668923a1bd7ccdab9c4a6c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Megan Mathis

Megan Mathis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will run a aquaclear on it just gotta find one that fits that opening. I love softies and lps. I have 1 sps that is small. Im ordering nano powerheads too. Ive got awesome led light from my 45 reef im transfering onto the 12. Thank you guys for your help!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back