Fluval evo 13.5 and fluval m50 heater

Scottayy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
157
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

This is my first post here :). Excited to be a part of the community.

This evo is my first saltwater tank in about 10 years. I just got cycled, did a large water change and am ordering fish tomorrow!

I haven't installed my skimmer yet, but I moved my m50 heater to the return chamber in preparation for it.

The heater just barely touches the top side corner of the return pump. I cut out a square of the cover so it didn't touch any more than this. It sticks out of the top a bit but still is covered past the minimum water line.

Will this very minimal touching of the return pump be a problem?

My pump is too big to accommodate the heater in that chamber too, without touching just a little.

Anyone else have similar problem? Is it ok?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new