OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When's the AI getting set up? I love mine.
I actually set it up on Sunday! You can see the pictures from that day. It's been great so far, I have it on a 12hr 41% schedule for now (new light and corals). I replaced the lens when I got it (slightly used) as it had a tiny melt and cleaned it.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually set it up on Sunday! You can see the pictures from that day. It's been great so far, I have it on a 12hr 41% schedule for now (new light and corals). I replaced the lens when I got it (slightly used) as it had a tiny melt and cleaned it.
I saw you cleaned it didn't know you put it on! Sweet. Do you like it and the App?

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw you cleaned it didn't know you put it on! Sweet. Do you like it and the App?
I do like it, it has been easy to use and understand so far. Plus, there are a lot of forums and schedules available for it. And it's much better than my stock light!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like it, it has been easy to use and understand so far. Plus, there are a lot of forums and schedules available for it. And it's much better than my stock light!
I can't remember who's schedule I run. I've modified it. Essentially it's all blues no white and doesn't go above like 66-70% at the max. Most of the times I think its in the 50s. I like it. I used to use saxonby???? But I think I like this one more.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember who's schedule I run. I've modified it. Essentially it's all blues no white and doesn't go above like 66-70% at the max. Most of the times I think its in the 50s. I like it. I used to use saxonby???? But I think I like this one more.
Yeah, I will most likely run at 51-61% later on. I currently have a Pennywise Daylight Pop 12hr schedule.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to feed phyto this evening and reef roids for the gorgonians and just went to do it and a mature reef tank at night is scary. I have too many bristle worms. You should eventually look into phyto dosing once you have more corals but I also find it helps reduce algae in my tanks as well. It seems to outcompete other things in my tank.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I will most likely run at 51-61% later on. I currently have a Pennywise Daylight Pop 12hr schedule.
I'm not in any if those groups. I don't do Facebook but I really should look and see if I like something else more sometime soon. I'm currently trying to reduce my light. I think its too strong for some things I have.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to feed phyto this evening and reef roids for the gorgonians and just went to do it and a mature reef tank at night is scary. I have too many bristle worms. You should eventually look into phyto dosing once you have more corals but I also find it helps reduce algae in my tanks as well. It seems to outcompete other things in my tank.
That's good, I might consider it. I currently have a package with a mix of pods coming in later today (Thursday), so I will start with those.

Honestly, I don't like bristle worms to be honest lol, but they are good CUC.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good, I might consider it. I currently have a package with a mix of pods coming in later today (Thursday), so I will start with those.

Honestly, I don't like bristle worms to be honest lol, but they are good CUC.
If you have pods you should feed them with phyto whenever you want to boost their numbers. Also put the pods in after you turn your lights off so the fish don't try to eat them. It gives them a better chance to get into your rocks. There's a guy on here who sends me phyto every month. He has a small business. If you research it and decide to do it let me know I'll send u to him.

And if you don't like bristles you wouldn't like my tank it has 1000s. I might make a trap just to try to take a couple hundred out.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have pods you should feed them with phyto whenever you want to boost their numbers. Also put the pods in after you turn your lights off so the fish don't try to eat them. It gives them a better chance to get into your rocks. There's a guy on here who sends me phyto every month. He has a small business. If you research it and decide to do it let me know I'll send u to him.

And if you don't like bristles you wouldn't like my tank it has 1000s. I might make a trap just to try to take a couple hundred out.
Dang that's a LOT! Lol, how big is your tank? And how'd you get so many lol, I don't think my tank has them.

And that's what I read, turn off the lights so they can settle. I will definitely reach out about the phyto when I'm there! Thanks for letting me know about it :)

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a LOT! Lol, how big is your tank? And how'd you get so many lol, I don't think my tank has them.

And that's what I read, turn off the lights so they can settle. I will definitely reach out about the phyto when I'm there! Thanks for letting me know about it :)
Tank is only a 30g. I tore it down this summer when I bought a new house and remodeled the thing myself. I had to live in the remodel and moved everything In to tubs and knew that most coral wouldn't make it. So gave some away kept mainly mushrooms. I put it back up in October but I guess the bristle worms multiplied like crazy in the rocks in the tubs while I was remodeling bc when I set everything back up now I have way too ooooooo many. I dont mind them but I could probably lose like 500 and be better.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is only a 30g. I tore it down this summer when I bought a new house and remodeled the thing myself. I had to live in the remodel and moved everything In to tubs and knew that most coral wouldn't make it. So gave some away kept mainly mushrooms. I put it back up in October but I guess the bristle worms multiplied like crazy in the rocks in the tubs while I was remodeling bc when I set everything back up now I have way too ooooooo many. I dont mind them but I could probably lose like 500 and be better.
30g is a nice size in my opinion! That's crazy to hear how they multiplied so much.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30g is a nice size in my opinion! That's crazy to hear how they multiplied so much.
I almost bought your tank 4yrs ago but realized I coukd DIY a tank for the same price or less and it would be 30g. So double the size. So I did that. I think if I start up a 2nd tank it will be an Evo.

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought your tank 4yrs ago but realized I coukd DIY a tank for the same price or less and it would be 30g. So double the size. So I did that. I think if I start up a 2nd tank it will be an Evo.
The evo is definitely a nice tank! I'm enjoying it so far.

bratfink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build.

My thread for the same type of tank is here:

Let me know if you need anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build.

My thread for the same type of tank is here:

Let me know if you need anything.
Awesome, thank you! I always love looking at other 13.5s and similar tanks! I will reach out if anything :)

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 28 & 29 Update

Here's a little update for you guys. Yesterday I was doing some small maintenance, like replacing my filter floss. My Hanna test kit came in as well so I tested my nitrate and phosphates. They came back crazy high, my nitrates were reading 70.3ppm. I was a little concerned with that number (confirmed with two HR tests) so I conducted an approximate 50-60% water change and added an extra carbon bag: Chemi-pure blue nano. At the end of all this, I added in the Copepod Buffet (8oz bottle - Reef by Steele) I purchased with lights out.

The next day (today), I went ahead and re-tested my nitrates after about 12+ hours and read 9.7ppm today. Thankfully my water change did its work. I will try and keep nitrates between 5-10ppm. I skipped feeding today and will be feeding a little less to avoid spiking my nitrates for now. I also cleaned some of the inside glass as there was some green hair algae growing in there (there is some on my sand and rocks too). While I was cleaning the glass, I could see a TON of copepods on my glass, which is a good sign!

Otherwise, the only other thing I did today was adding some medium-large hermit and snail shells for my two hermit crabs. I scattered them around the tank in the sand, I put 6-8 shells in for the hermits to move into when they grow.

Also! My Xenia seems to be doing well, it's grown out a little big and has started to move onto the island just a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2750.PNG
    IMG_2750.PNG
    723.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2748.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2749.jpeg
    IMG_2749.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2751.jpeg
    IMG_2751.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 54

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 28 & 29 Update

Here's a little update for you guys. Yesterday I was doing some small maintenance, like replacing my filter floss. My Hanna test kit came in as well so I tested my nitrate and phosphates. They came back crazy high, my nitrates were reading 70.3ppm. I was a little concerned with that number (confirmed with two HR tests) so I conducted an approximate 50-60% water change and added an extra carbon bag: Chemi-pure blue nano. At the end of all this, I added in the Copepod Buffet (8oz bottle - Reef by Steele) I purchased with lights out.

The next day (today), I went ahead and re-tested my nitrates after about 12+ hours and read 9.7ppm today. Thankfully my water change did its work. I will try and keep nitrates between 5-10ppm. I skipped feeding today and will be feeding a little less to avoid spiking my nitrates for now. I also cleaned some of the inside glass as there was some green hair algae growing in there (there is some on my sand and rocks too). While I was cleaning the glass, I could see a TON of copepods on my glass, which is a good sign!

Otherwise, the only other thing I did today was adding some medium-large hermit and snail shells for my two hermit crabs. I scattered them around the tank in the sand, I put 6-8 shells in for the hermits to move into when they grow.

Also! My Xenia seems to be doing well, it's grown out a little big and has started to move onto the island just a bit.
Glad to hear that you fixed that nitrate problem, and that everything is going well! I hope your clown is doing better!

OP
OP
Ollie67

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, might as well add this here. On one of my clowns from the pair, I noticed a bump that had appeared over a weeks time. I've been worried a bit and spiraling down a rabbit hole the past two nights but have gotten a little feedback on my other thread I posted. I have a feeling it might be lympho, so I will be keeping an eye on it and have ordered DKI B-Glucan and Selcon to dose/mix with the frozen food. Hopefully this will improve the overall health and I see some healing soon.

If anyone has advice on this topic, I have my thread here:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back