Fluval evo 13.5 future build.

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im new to the hobby, i have experience with freshwater and have been learning about the saltwater hobby for over a year now. i want to plan on building a fluval evo 13.5 reef tank perhaps by next year april. I need some assistance on the list of things im planning on buying in order to upgrade the filter on the evo:
-inTank Chamber ONE media basket
-Acticvated carbon
-Filter floss
-Polyfilter pads
- Chemipure Blue nano
-Fluval Cermaic rings

Second Chamber would be filled with bio media ceramic spheres...

This is my first time building a reef and let me say i am surprised at the total cost of this build, never thought i would be spending about $900 USD. on a complete set up for a 13.5 gallon tank! if anyone has a question over my complete setup i am more than happy to answer the question and accept suggestions! Thank you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First #WelcometoR2R! There are many members that have set up Evo 13.5 tanks and posted there build threads so you may want to check out that section here on R2R for tips.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Welcome (2).jpg

In a tank that size, I think there is a lot less need for things like Chemipure and activated carbon. Water changes are so easy keeping the water clean in the tank is less important.

I have a 16g tank with just a HOB filter and an in-tank skimmer and that's it. I do a 50% water change every 3 or 4 weeks. But then I have mostly anemones and very few other animals.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back