Fluval EVO 13.5 must have Add-ons

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fully stocked tank on stock filter for evo 13.5. And it works fine. Fish, corals, and everything. That's all im saying.
You run the skimmer too don't you?
I've made a custom media basket for my Evo that sits in chamber 1 which has a small piece of foam at the top (cut from the stock block) and a piece of floss underneath. It helps to have smaller mechanical sections like this to reduce trapped detritus which could lead to nitrate build up that is possible with a large block

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You run the skimmer too don't you?
I've made a custom media basket for my Evo that sits in chamber 1 which has a small piece of foam at the top (cut from the stock block) and a piece of floss underneath. It helps to have smaller mechanical sections like this to reduce trapped detritus which could lead to nitrate build up that is possible with a large block

I do run the skimmer. Yea that's the only big downfall. Getting all the particulates in the bottom of the chambers, which I have to siphon out on the weekly water change.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do run the skimmer. Yea that's the only big downfall. Getting all the particulates in the bottom of the chambers, which I have to siphon out on the weekly water change.
I made a custom basket for the first chamber and my nitrates are never above 5 thanks to the smaller mechanical filtration. The basket blocks all but the top 3 baffles so the flow goes all the way to the top of chamber 2 and then flows down through all my biological filtration

received_231881378131774.jpeg

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a custom basket for the first chamber and my nitrates are never above 5 thanks to the smaller mechanical filtration. The basket blocks all but the top 3 baffles so the flow goes all the way to the top of chamber 2 and then flows down through all my biological filtration

Please make me one lol

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was thinking of doing this exact same thing, but in chamber two, modifying the inTank basket. I made a thread about it last night with diagrams in the DIY forum. I felt the top half of chamber two was too stagnant.

kellyd417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ripped all the crap out of the back and upgraded to an Eheim 1000 return, I do run floss by the weir, the corals rocks and macro algae are the filtration, a few nps and it's fed a lot of live phyto! ;)

DSC_0071 (1) (1024x742).jpg
Would you explain what you ripped out and the other mods? I’m new and not 100% on knowing what that entails.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my evo, chamber 1 houses my denitrator pump and mechanical filtration. Chamber 2 houses chaeto that’s lit up with an innovative marine on a 8 hr schedule, chamber 3 houses my ATO sensor, heater and stock pump. I upgraded light to an AI prime and have an Aqamai KPs powerhead.

mandy1975

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ripped all the crap out of the back and upgraded to an Eheim 1000 return, I do run floss by the weir, the corals rocks and macro algae are the filtration, a few nps and it's fed a lot of live phyto! ;)

DSC_0071 (1) (1024x742).jpg
Hi could you please tell me what the coral is on the left …. The orange one thank you

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back