Fluval Evo 13.5 necessities

Zoajohn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2015
Messages
568
Reaction score
212
Location
Georgia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you with a fluval evo 13.5, what are you running in your chambers? Is there a skimmer that fits the second chamber? I’m picking one up today and curious what everyone is using
 
In chamber one, I run the intank media basket with filter floss on top and chemipure in the middle.
Chamber two has a large bag of seachem matrix.
Chamber 3 has a Cobalt neotherm 75W heater and a sicce .5 return pump.

My nitrates read <5 and phosphates <.25 or undetectable. I feed every other day with an eraser head size of mysis shrimp and 3 NLS Thera+ pellets. I also dose 2ml of Aquavitro Fuel once a week.

Many have said as long as you feed light and do 25% weekly water changes, that a skimmer/fuge isnt really necessary. But once I have a good amount of coral and I see my nitrates/phosphates become detectable I may try a chaeto fuge in chamber two.
 
Chamber 1 I have intank media basket, filter floss followed by chemi pure nano, with purigen and marinepure block in bottom. Second chamber have a refugium marine pure block, cheato, and pods. ( innovative marine refugium light) opposite DT lights. 3rd chamber have heater and return pump
50807a951cf666c120bcb2b57f01506b.jpg

2bf1aa64bbb5da1dd70f511488d7b7ee.jpg

de15c5cb72b1aa583f66eb1c04d74de0.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new