show your fluval evo 13.5

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So jealous of your coralline

i scrape mine off the back wall; i feel as if they consume too much when the coralline grows am i wrong? though on the rocks i have some green coralline why couldn't it be red orange or purple.... :(

I like the look of the purple coralline on the rocks, & it’s helped eliminate the bubble algae I had. Only ugly algae I have now is on the glass. Clean it about twice a week.
I’ve tried scrapping it off my black wall, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. It doesn’t come off.

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of the purple coralline on the rocks, & it’s helped eliminate the bubble algae I had. Only ugly algae I have now is on the glass. Clean it about twice a week.
I’ve tried scrapping it off my black wall, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. It doesn’t come off.
thats awesome that it helped to remove bubble algae, the color is amazing. did you use any additive like purple up or other spore additions to get the growth? if you must remove the algae from the false wall you can use a razor blade attached to a long handle (found at home depot or lows) or you can use a long handled medal blade scraper like the kind topfinn makes.. its very tedious work and you need to be careful not to knock over your rocks. i dont have much algae (green, brown) on the glass like i use too. once i remove the old sand it just stopped showing up i gotta clean my glass maybeonce a month (2-3 weeks at the earliest)

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still get the brown stuff on my glass as well. It was reduced significantly when I upgraded my lighting. I still have to take my mag float to it once a week. I think when my coralline starts to establish itself I'm just going to let it do it's thing and let it cover as much as possible before I start scraping it off.

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesome that it helped to remove bubble algae, the color is amazing. did you use any additive like purple up or other spore additions to get the growth? if you must remove the algae from the false wall you can use a razor blade attached to a long handle (found at home depot or lows) or you can use a long handled medal blade scraper like the kind topfinn makes.. its very tedious work and you need to be careful not to knock over your rocks. i dont have much algae (green, brown) on the glass like i use too. once i remove the old sand it just stopped showing up i gotta clean my glass maybeonce a month (2-3 weeks at the earliest)

I used an additive once, but don't think that helped too much.
I've tried using a razor blade with a long handle on the black wall, it didn't have much effect. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Nelsonius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, a little over 3 weeks old. Hard to really see how great the top set of acans look with the blue lighting shot on iPhone.

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0121 2.JPG

IMG_0122 2.JPG

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the 1.0, and still added two Jebao SW-4 pumps running anywhere from 50-80% [varying based on APEX programming]

Yeah, I am thinking that for an sps tank, the 1.0 will do the trick... puts out ~250 gph, giving 25x flow rate on the 10 gallon display... I would need another powerhead to get to magic 50x

saltlife26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Is that an anemone?

Here is mine, a little over 3 weeks old. Hard to really see how great the top set of acans look with the blue lighting shot on iPhone.

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0121 2.JPG

IMG_0122 2.JPG

Yeah, I am thinking that for an sps tank, the 1.0 will do the trick... puts out ~250 gph, giving 25x flow rate on the 10 gallon display... I would need another powerhead to get to magic 50x

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish someone would make an upgraded light bar that would fit in the stock hood/lid. I'm probably in the minority, but I think it looks better/cleaner with the hood on.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just scaped mine just sand and water to go. I will be running this on NSW with all stock equipment. With all of you that are running these tanks, are the standard return pumps that bad? I was possibly just gonna run it as a euphyllia only with maybe some zoas in between them. Would there be enough flow for those or just add a power head or would a pump upgrade be enough?
DSC_0621.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back