Screenshot_20180717-135019_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180717-135050_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180717-135043_Instagram.jpg

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you that have the inTank media basket in chamber 1 - Do you have to fill the tank almost filled to the top to get the chambers to have enough water in them? I do, and its ******' me off. :)

I just made a plastic basket out of some plastic and put a little wool and a piece of polyfilter and change it every few days. I flows well.

FB39815E-42DE-4493-A1EE-90F0B864E7A8.jpeg

B716724D-8B5D-4AB2-90FE-5AF5373D1F5B.jpeg

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI in case anyone else is having issues with water levels after using inTank media basket in chamber 1. My water level in all the chambers was very low and the display water level was very high and no matter what I did, I couldnt get it to level out. So I cut out about a half inch off the top of the inTank basket, where the water flows into it from the display so it lines up better with the bottom of the holes where water enters, then cut off the tabs on the plastic skimming plate so it sits lower. Now water flows into chamber 1 and the inTank basket a little lower from the display tank and my water levels are now how they should be.

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome Luke!
Question - Is it necessary to use both the purigen and the chemipure? I was going to use both also in my inTank basket but was told its overkill so I am currently only using chemipure (x2). Curious yours & others thoughts on that.

jaegers_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome Luke!
Question - Is it necessary to use both the purigen and the chemipure? I was going to use both also in my inTank basket but was told its overkill so I am currently only using chemipure (x2). Curious yours & others thoughts on that.
If you use chemi pure blue you don't use Purigen. If you use chemi pure elite you can use Purigen also.

Luke Burns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use chemi pure blue you don't use Purigen. If you use chemi pure elite you can use Purigen also.

That’s interesting. I had heard another tank setup the same way so I copied it. What does everyone else run in their chambers?

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s interesting. I had heard another tank setup the same way so I copied it. What does everyone else run in their chambers?

Chamber 1 - inTank media basket - filter floss on top - chemi pure blue nano (x2) in the middle - fluval ceramic rings that came with the tank and MarinePure balls on the bottom.
Chamber 2 - filled with more MarinePure balls.
Chamber 3 - Sicce 0.5 pump and a small heater.

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chem pure/small piece of polyfilter and a little wool. Change every few days in thirty seconds

The rest of leave empty save heater and for a small bag of carbon occasionally to polish.

There is nothing worth running in those chambers that won’t be outweighed by maintenance and trapped detritus in the chambers.

The best thing for that tank is to maximize the water volume and keep enough live rock in the MT for natural filtration and just do frequent water changes.

All of the extra media is just a waste of money and time to maintain.

If you are going to bother with all of that stuff just put a small sump in the bottom.

Otherwise you will constantly just be trying to clean those chambers that collect so much crap.

Just my expericance. If you can’t clean it, easily. Don’t do it.

AA9BBE3B-66E3-4A2B-B20D-5D3B24EBB023.jpeg

sm32589g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI in case anyone else is having issues with water levels after using inTank media basket in chamber 1. My water level in all the chambers was very low and the display water level was very high and no matter what I did, I couldnt get it to level out. So I cut out about a half inch off the top of the inTank basket, where the water flows into it from the display so it lines up better with the bottom of the holes where water enters, then cut off the tabs on the plastic skimming plate so it sits lower. Now water flows into chamber 1 and the inTank basket a little lower from the display tank and my water levels are now how they should be.
Is this a design flaw with inTanks media basket?

sm32589g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber 1 - inTank media basket - filter floss on top - chemi pure blue nano (x2) in the middle - fluval ceramic rings that came with the tank and MarinePure balls on the bottom.
Chamber 2 - filled with more MarinePure balls.
Chamber 3 - Sicce 0.5 pump and a small heater.
Do you run a powerhead in combo with that pump?

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a design flaw with inTanks media basket?

I think so, but doesn't seem like others have had the problem with the water level that I did. I'm MUCH happier with it now. Works more like it should. Better flow into chamber 1 and my water level isnt so high in the display tank, which was causing salt deposits to build up on the outside upper rim, by the lid. That's now gone.

Do you run a powerhead in combo with that pump?

I have a circulation pump in the display by the stock return. Link below. You can see it in my video. I have it hooked up to a timer, 30 minutes on, 15 minutes off... all day long.
I also now have one random flow generator in place of the stock return nozzles.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036S4YZ0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sm32589g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BoBoBREWSKI How do you like the Fiji pink substrate? That's what I was thinking of using. Also are those blue or green chromis? How do they handle the smaller tank? Was thinking about getting some of those also.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back