Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think people? file (1).jpeg file1 (1).jpeg

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, thinking about getting one but I have a couple of questions for you!
1) do the stock lights have an independent power plug so I can put the lights on a timer... would have to have to press a button to turn the lights on in the morning and off at night
2) what are people doing for fresh water top off

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The light is separate and can run on a timer. Only choice is on or off state though... when turned on again. You get full spectrum vs just actinic.

ATO wise, I like the AutoAqua Smart Micro a lot...and highly recommend this for the tank

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The light is separate and can run on a timer. Only choice is on or off state though... when turned on again. You get full spectrum vs just actinic.

ATO wise, I like the AutoAqua Smart Micro a lot...and highly recommend this for the tank

Great thanks!

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, thinking about getting one but I have a couple of questions for you!
1) do the stock lights have an independent power plug so I can put the lights on a timer... would have to have to press a button to turn the lights on in the morning and off at night
2) what are people doing for fresh water top off
I use the hydrofill ATO on my EVO and really like it. Cant beat the price, too!

As said above, stock lights come with a plug that will allow on/ if via timer, but the lights can only be turned from all on (white) or all blue

So white on a timer to turn on/off will work

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome... so i guess I am now part of the club ;)
5b87a121214603bd1c8889f76821502c.jpg

As an aside, I have a bigger sps system and was looking into getting a smaller one as a frag tank... we’ll see how it goes!
Here is what my big tank looks like

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted this in an intro thread a couple days back but wanted to share here. Been cycling for about 3 days now. Stock setup with an Eheim 50 heater. Plan on upgrading the lighting and adding a powerhead. No skimmer planned.

84A375DF-7D70-479E-9F19-8CE1BD24C4DB.jpeg

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
New here to Reef2Reef. Here's my Fluval Evo 13.5. I've had it for about a year and a half. Battling ich or some other disease for awhile. Killed all my fish. Went without fish for 75 days but it came back as soon as I got new fish, but didnt kill the Firefish & Purple Firefish this time. Still have them and a couple Chromis currently... and a cleaner shrimp and 3 sexy shrimp and snails. Things are going good so far. Fingers crossed. Currently using the stock filtration & pump... added the skimmer and a circulation pump. Considering removing the skimmer (it's loud and sometimes difficult to get to skim just right) and getting the InTank basket for chamber 1 and filling chamber 2 with MarinePure balls. I'm doing 2.5 gallon water changes every week.

bKgG7vI.jpg

Last edited:

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys - new to the club... I currently have a SPS dominant Redsea reefer 250 that has been running for the past 2 years. The reefer is running pretty steady now so I thought I was time to experiment with a new build. Rather that going bigger, I thought that trying to get SPS growing in a nano AIO would be more of a challenge [emoji6]

So I purchased this Evo 13.5 gallon AIO with plans to convert it into a lean mean sps growing machine!

Here are my unboxing and first impressions of the system

Stay tuned for more!

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got setup today.
IMAG0481.jpg
How do you have your sump setup? I got my chamber one media basket coming today and looking for the best stuff to put in it. Obviously filter floss on the top shelf, carbon + chemi-pure blue + fluval bio-max on 2nd shelf, and purigen on bottom? Planning on making 2nd chamber a refugium in the future once I get my hands on a good sump light.

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have your sump setup? I got my chamber one media basket coming today and looking for the best stuff to put in it. Obviously filter floss on the top shelf, carbon + chemi-pure blue + fluval bio-max on 2nd shelf, and purigen on bottom? Planning on making 2nd chamber a refugium in the future once I get my hands on a good sump light.

I've been wondering the same thing. What is the "best" setup for the the inTank chamber 1 media basket? Right now I think I'm gonna go with filter floss on top, poly filter & chemipure in the middle, purigen & fluval ceramic rings on the bottom, and then fill chamber 2 with marine pure bio balls.

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the top shelf I have filter floss, second shelf I have bag of carbon, poly filter, two chemi-pure blue nano, on the bottom, I have ceramic rings and 1.5" Marine Pure Bio Spheres. In the second chamber I filled with the spheres.

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the top shelf I have filter floss, second shelf I have bag of carbon, poly filter, two chemi-pure blue nano, on the bottom, I have ceramic rings and 1.5" Marine Pure Bio Spheres. In the second chamber I filled with the spheres.

Thanks for the response. Curious why you have a bag of carbon and chemi-pure since the chemi-pure blue nano also contains carbon? Is having both necessary?
Not questioning you, asking to learn, I'm still fairly new to all this. Thanks!

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running filter floss [polyfilter] on the top of chamber 1, then one bag of Chemipure Elite, and under that an Amazon grow light attached to the glass via 3M tape growing Chaeto. I have the Fluval Skimmer in chamber 2 and it works great. [I have it running at night with the refugium light for 12 hours]. In chamber 3 I have the return pump [Sicce], heater, ATO sensors, pH probe and Temperature probe

I also run about 10lbs of live rock, a 3" sand bed and two Jebao SW2 pumps on either side of the back wall, ran on a program using the Apex. I made a screen with frame supplies from Home Depot and Tulle material from JoAnn Fabrics. I use a Metal Halide, and use 3 dosing pumps [one for ALK, one for Calcium and the third unused at the moment]

I feed frozen and pellets every day, and dose Red Sea Coral Nutrition program every night at 1.5ml. I occasionally dose 1-2ml each of the Red Sea colors program [I don't follow the directions].

I consistently have 0 nitrate [salifert] and 0 phosphate [Hanna checker]. I currently have a clam, firefish, pair of clowns, 2 emerald crabs, a few hermit crabs and an assortment of snails.

Just wanted to share this as another reference point for anyone looking at this thread int he future. I also have a build thread showing my setup and progress to what it is today.

e885a5020e8c9c24427c812a326ab7de.jpg

44aefbce9fb3a539a869ed25d82474cd.jpg

0ff23d9b9d45ae7c21bfa43102a4fd62.jpg

Last edited:

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Reef of Fillory! Corals lookin' awesome.
I'm hoping to get rid of my Fluval skimmer if I go with the chamber 1 basket and marine pure balls in chamber 2. I'm tired of dealing with it (re-adjust it etc after every water change etc) and don't like how loud it is.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back