show your fluval evo 13.5

Bigtex817

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you run your lights? I have the same setup but with a skimmer in one of the chambers and I have growth like crazy. I run mine from 7-3 on white and from 3-9 on blues then off for the night. Your tank looks so clean. What powerhead do you have on the back wall?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my 13.5 Rescaped. I have a Cheato Reactor running on it too...

BDDED415-D230-43D9-8D9F-4E4504CE6E2B.jpeg

Katydives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to the orbit controller lighting system, my corals weren't happy at first & I had to do some rearranging (just when I finally get those darn plugs actually glued)...I have to lay the cover on top of the orbit light since fit is off. I can't use the side piece then BUT I have already had to pull out the stock pump & upgrade it for better flow in the chambers & see significant improvement already. I was constantly siphoning those chambers. I pulled out the black spnge & dropped in a lg filter pad & chemipure nano bag + 2 red mangroves. (Even tried a filter sock there). Mangroves added to make that side of tank prettier & they also have value to water chemistry. I did add the Jebao wave controller because I had one before but its off now. With upgraded pump way better flow but I see a deadspot & might add Koralia 425. Also have the stock skimmer which I run on weekends.
The one thing I hate is when I have to clean the pump filter...unscrewing that dual flow nozzle every week is a pain, I hate having to disturb my tank...I am on a mission to figure out a new setup where I don't have to do that!! hope others post I am curious how/what they are doing too.

IMG_5242.JPG

i dont know why, but your tank reminds me of that dr suess book the lorax. such beautiful colors!

Katydives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I also have the fluval evo 13.5 and im loving it so far. Been up for a couple months. I want to upgrade the lighting to the AI prime hd, i see alot of you doing different things with the lids which is nice because i really love my clown and dont want any jumpers! I am running the intank media basket with filter floss, nitrate pad, phos pad, rox 0.8 carbon and purigen. Im using the stock pump for now but considering upgrading, any opinions? I added a koralia nano 240 to the tank also.
here's what ive got going so far:

1 clown (cyrus)
4 hermit crabs
1 snail
1 acan with 3 heads
2 ricordea ( which have now grown to 5!)
1 mushroom
1 xenia ( small isolated frag)
1 daisy polyp ( small isolated frag)

want to add another fish, thinking a goby or a firefish maybe.

katy tank 7.jpg

katy tank 18.jpg

katy tank 17.jpg

katy tank 14.jpg

katy tank 16.jpg

katy tank 13.jpg

katy tank 16.jpg

Oaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a filter sock that fits the evo in the first chamber?? The sponge it comes with just isn’t doing enough. I do have the ps2 skimmer but I definitely need something to catch smaller debris.

I was also thinking possibly adding a small canister filter for 10-15 gallons filled with filter floss?? Thoughts??

Katydives

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a filter sock that fits the evo in the first chamber?? The sponge it comes with just isn’t doing enough. I do have the ps2 skimmer but I definitely need something to catch smaller debris.

I was also thinking possibly adding a small canister filter for 10-15 gallons filled with filter floss?? Thoughts??
I got the media basket from in tank and love it. Run some filter floss, nitrate paf, phos pad and fox 0.8 carbon, works great for me !
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071...kmr2&keywords=in+tank+media+basket+fluval+evo

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the intank for chamber 1.. it has been game changer since putting it in

VTBig053

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also running InTank media baskets in chamber 1 and chamber 2.

Chamber 1
Top shelf - filter floss
Second shelf - purigen
Bottom - chemipure elite (hung from bottom of second shelf)

Chamber 2
Removed middle shelf and added a ball of chaeto. I run a small 16W LED plant grow light on a reverse cycle from aquarium lights. Just set this up about three weeks ago and its been working well. It's kept my nitrates steady at 2 ppm and has been growing quickly. I will need to harvest the chaeto this weekend. Here are few shots of the chaeto fuge.

Covered up the individual LED diodes because they were burning the chaeto.
QRTUI8q.jpg

I used velcro tape to attach the light to the glass.
iA9YGh0.jpg

1MMV41D.jpg

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also running InTank media baskets in chamber 1 and chamber 2.

Chamber 1
Top shelf - filter floss
Second shelf - purigen
Bottom - chemipure elite (hung from bottom of second shelf)

Chamber 2
Removed middle shelf and added a ball of chaeto. I run a small 16W LED plant grow light on a reverse cycle from aquarium lights. Just set this up about three weeks ago and its been working well. It's kept my nitrates steady at 2 ppm and has been growing quickly. I will need to harvest the chaeto this weekend. Here are few shots of the chaeto fuge.

Covered up the individual LED diodes because they were burning the chaeto.
QRTUI8q.jpg

I used velcro tape to attach the light to the glass.
iA9YGh0.jpg

1MMV41D.jpg

I’m glad this worked for your set-up. This didn’t work on mine. Cheato either don’t grow or they break easily. So I made a DIY Cheato Reactor from a used 330 Reactor and has been good so far. I have so much grow. In 2 weeks. I also change my water 2 gallons weekly and I ran a protein skimmer even though I know we don’t need it. Just bought it just in case. I only test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. So this is working fine for me.

ledger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just upgraded my return pump to a MJ1200 and threw on a spinstream nozzle, and now my return pump is being sucked dry faster than the water is flowing in, any MJ1200 owners(or anyone really) know how to alleviate this?
IMG-2533.JPG

geniusgio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything restricting flow from the overflow area ( 1st chamber ) .. also just to test, remove the spin stream nozzle and install the stock one and see what happens

ledger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything restricting flow from the overflow area ( 1st chamber ) .. also just to test, remove the spin stream nozzle and install the stock one and see what happens
put stock nozzle back on and it gets to a more reasonable level (about halfway up chamber) after removing the heavy amount of filter floss I had in media basket, may have to look into some sort of flow reducer.

geniusgio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can remove the slipstream / put stock nozzle and try increasing the display water just a bit. Just to see

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back