Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noice.jpg

Steak_Fry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m new to the hobby. Little bit of a background, I’ve had fw tanks for most of my life and my brother got me interested in sw and convinced my wife to let him get me my first sw tank. Now I have an evo 13.5 with 10lbs of used dry live rock (some of my brother’s old rock) and roughly 15lbs of love sand in the second week of cycling. Currently I’m using the stock filter which I plan on changing up and the stock like which will be replaced by a Radion XR30 when I finish building the mount for. Yesterday I noticed some brown patches on the sand and rocks and some purple patches on one rock and this morning saw the purple on the sand next to the same rock. Can anyone help me figure this out. I believe the brown is diatoms but not sure about the purple.
IMG_0950.JPG

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, since two upgrades, my evo 13.5 has become my dedicated qt

NanoDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice update! My tank is almost 8 weeks old and its going through its ugly stage. What kind of xenia do you have? I have one but it doesn't seem to like my tank.

As far as I know it's your standard pulsating xenia, not sure of a specific variety. All of my coral came from my friends tank which is a 125 gallon with some impeccable filtration. He has a dedicated frag tank as well. That xenia has really taken off since bringing it in.

Xenia.jpg

PshThisGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know it's your standard pulsating xenia, not sure of a specific variety. All of my coral came from my friends tank which is a 125 gallon with some impeccable filtration. He has a dedicated frag tank as well. That xenia has really taken off since bringing it in.

Xenia.jpg
Its a pom pom xenia, found them at LiveAquaria. Going to call some local fish stores to see if any of them carry it.

NanoDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a pom pom xenia, found them at LiveAquaria. Going to call some local fish stores to see if any of them carry it.
I can frag some of mine, but I'm not sure about it's survive-ability in transit?

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to take out all of my rock and clean the algae and rearrange the rock formation. The tank has been up and running since November

Oaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does everyone run there light on for?
I have a turbo snail controlling hair algae but I’m noticing more and more growth of red Cyanobacteria growth on the live rock.
I’m thinking I’m leaving the lights on to long. Atm I’m doing 10 hours

Himes102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does everyone run there light on for?
I have a turbo snail controlling hair algae but I’m noticing more and more growth of red Cyanobacteria growth on the live rock.
I’m thinking I’m leaving the lights on to long. Atm I’m doing 10 hours

I have a AI Prime HD and this is how I run mine
IMG_9373.JPG

Back