show your fluval evo 13.5

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Reef of Fillory! Corals lookin' awesome.
I'm hoping to get rid of my Fluval skimmer if I go with the chamber 1 basket and marine pure balls in chamber 2. I'm tired of dealing with it (re-adjust it etc after every water change etc) and don't like how loud it is.

Mine's silent and works great, maybe you got a defective one? I use mine mostly for additional oxygenation.

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's silent and works great, maybe you got a defective one? I use mine mostly for additional oxygenation.

I've heard a lot of people say theirs is kinda loud, so I think mine is normal. It's not loud, you dont hear it when our TV is on, I just prefer the almost silence of the tank when it's not running, and it sure looks a lot cleaner/nicer without it sticking up from the chamber. I'm picky about that, I dont like hoses, wires, etc all over the place. I like the streamlined stock look.

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
41536A57-51DA-479E-8D98-E4BC9A7DE321.jpeg
Here’s my fluval. Been up since late January. I am running the stock lights. I do run the protein skimmer but it only pulls stuff about half the time. Don’t really care for it. Definitely the loudest thing in the tank. I added the koralia nano power head. I run carbon and sometime chemipure elite, no filter floss or mechanical filtration. Had problems with nitrate when I did. Great growth on all my corals.

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Nice setup! Love that rock!

Finally put the media basket in this morning (holidays delayed shipping, was annoying). Nonetheless it's ready to go. Filter floss in chamber 1, chemi-pure blue, biomax, and purigen in 2nd, and bio balls in 3rd. 2nd sump chamber is empty, will most likely put some caulerpa in there after I find a decent grow light.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Nice setup! Love that rock!

Finally put the media basket in this morning (holidays delayed shipping, was annoying). Nonetheless it's ready to go. Filter floss in chamber 1, chemi-pure blue, biomax, and purigen in 2nd, and bio balls in 3rd. 2nd sump chamber is empty, will most likely put some caulerpa in there after I find a decent grow light.
Thank you. Had so much fun sitting on the LFS floor digging through all the rock and scaping right there. Good luck, I have tons of fun with mine.

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. So I had a nasty electric shock when I was trying to adjust the heater today. After a bit of testing, I traced it to the fluval return pump that was leaking stray voltage into the tank. Not very impressed with this failure given that the pump is less than a month all.

Just wonder what are options for nonstock return pumps that would fit the evo13.5 back chamber and return line size ? Thanks!

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. So I had a nasty electric shock when I was trying to adjust the heater today. After a bit of testing, I traced it to the fluval return pump that was leaking stray voltage into the tank. Not very impressed with this failure given that the pump is less than a month all.

Just wonder what are options for nonstock return pumps that would fit the evo13.5 back chamber and return line size ? Thanks!

Others have recommended this one. I ordered one on Amazon this morning.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ZJDN4W

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, and does it work with the tubing and nozzle that came with the evo13.5

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, please check out this sweet ATO that @WallyB made for me for the Evo 13.5 - super cool!
Also, and update on the SPS and my plans for lights

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use the Sicce Syncra 1.0 pump, it works with the stock tubing, but needs a little finesse to get passed the lip on the center compartment coming into the return compartment. Great pump, super quiet and really is an improvement on flow

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Sicce Syncra 1.0 pump, it works with the stock tubing, but needs a little finesse to get passed the lip on the center compartment coming into the return compartment. Great pump, super quiet and really is an improvement on flow

Awesome... will start shopping!

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure why not i'll share mine :)
filtration: i run the AL 115 mini skimmer 24/7 some light carbon filter floss and a refugium along with the stock return pump (needs upgrade).
lighting i have the ai prime hd
circulation: im using two current usa eflux 660 wave makers
2 clowns (named Bonnie and Clyde) several snails. 1 hermit blue leg and a skunk cleaner shrimp (named Vladamir; Phillip for short, lol)
acroporas softies and lps. and one bubble tip anemone no ID

tank10.jpg

older pic but relevant

tank8.jpg

Last edited:

BoBoBREWSKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome... will start shopping!

Some guys have said the 1.0 is too much flow and that the 0.5 is perfect.
See this thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/evo-13-5-return-pump.358414/

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my 2 month update using this tank. Only changes are an intank media basket in first section and the addition of a 240gph powerhead. Added a yellow tail damsel and a couple red legged hermit crabs (which stole the shell from a nassarius snail and left his guts everywhere. MASSIVE bacterial bloom from that. Had to take everything out of the tank to find the chunks. I couldn’t even see through the water).

Current corals are a torch, frogspawn, hammer of god zoa, and blasto zoa. All currently sitting at bottom until I figure out their new home. Torch is still bleached but starting to get its color back in some of its arms and extending more and more each day.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back