Fluval evo 13.5 newish build

DrunkenViking

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2021
Messages
71
Reaction score
100
Location
Edmond
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had this tank going for about 4 months and are looking to do some upgrades on it. Maybe add a 10 gallon sump anyone have any advice?

73FE3CB1-13ED-48A9-97F4-7B07437FA211.jpeg
 
Looks like you're off to a good start, I wouldn't over complicate it. Maybe upgrade the light if you haven't but that's the beauty in nanos.
I have the AI prime hd over it now. This is the first nano I have ever done and I was just thinking a small sump may do it good.
 
I have never seen anything grow as fast as it has in this tank parameters are great. I have always spot fed corals but this time I’m getting insane growth
 
I have the AI prime hd over it now. This is the first nano I have ever done and I was just thinking a small sump may do it good.
Oh well you're golden then.

Unless you are just wanting more water volume or to have a display refugium (which are always cool) you can easily grow chaeto in the back chamber of the evo. Mine has the room but haven't felt the need.
 
I think whatever you're doing so far is pretty good. The extra volume would be a plus, but it's also adding a failure point.
That’s sorta what I was thinking as well just wanting to get other opinions and see if anyone else has added a sump.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new