Fluval Evo 13.5 setup and my introduction!

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! I guess this post will be my introduction and tank setup discussion [emoji23]. My name is Timothy Ahn (feel free to friend me on Facebook) I'm 16 years old and I've been taking care of reef tanks ever since I was 10 years old. I got my first saltwater tank with my mom (29g oceanic biocube). Since then, I have set up a 20g long, a jbj cubey pico reef, and a 90g Red Sea max . Unfortunately, all of those tanks have since then been shut down and sold for one reason or another. My last tank that I've been taking care for was my dads and I 90g Red Sea max for about two years before I couldn't come up with enough money to fund anymore. Now, I have a job at one of my LFS and have the money to set up another tank. My plan for this tank is bright, and has a long future. As of now, I have an empty, out of the box Fluval Evo 13.5. I chose this tank because not only of it's cheap price compared to tanks similar to it made by various companies including Red Sea, IM, and JBJ, but also the fact that it's aesthetics are very nice, it comes with a decent enough LED fixture for temporary use, and a pretty nice filtration system. Here is my plan for initial setup: 20 lbs Hawaiian black carib sea live sand, 13.5-15 lbs of real reef live rock, colbalt 50w neotherm heater, and eventually purchase a hydor 425 for additional flow in the tank. As for live stock, I haven't fully decided what I would like, but as for now I am thinking that a pair of designer clowns would look good and a small cleanup crew consisting of a few hermits and snails as my full stock in the tank (including lots of corals of course). I am also planning to set up a new YouTube channel soon showing my set up and recommendations for my new tank so be sure to check it out when I get it up and going! please let me know what you think and if I could change anything in your opinion! All help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

See ya guys next time,
Timothy

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a local scratch and dent store near me that is selling one of these tanks for $117 I really wanted to snag it but just don't have the space! You'll have to let me know how it works out! They also have a current orbit marine 18"-24" controllable led light for $62! Makes it hard not to start another tank lol. Best of luck!

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. My name is Brett and I’m turning 14 next month. I will be your first subscriber on YouTube. I’m starting fish tank videos on my new channel. Search up Rico’s reeftank and sub to him and join them on the live videos. He does them pretty much 24/7 there are other people who do streams too such as reefdudes

OP
OP
Timothy Ahn

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a local scratch and dent store near me that is selling one of these tanks for $117 I really wanted to snag it but just don't have the space! You'll have to let me know how it works out! They also have a current orbit marine 18"-24" controllable led light for $62! Makes it hard not to start another tank lol. Best of luck!

Thanks! I'll keep you all updates on this thread! Be sure to subscribe to it for updates.

OP
OP
Timothy Ahn

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. My name is Brett and I’m turning 14 next month. I will be your first subscriber on YouTube. I’m starting fish tank videos on my new channel. Search up Rico’s reeftank and sub to him and join them on the live videos. He does them pretty much 24/7 there are other people who do streams too such as reefdudes

Thanks a lot I'll subscribe to you and check out ricos reef tank.

OP
OP
Timothy Ahn

Timothy Ahn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY! i just started a new thread with pictures and videos HERE: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/setting-up-my-fluval-evo-13-5-pictures-and-video.313407/

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back