Fluval evo 13.5 upgrades

murphy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater hobby , I have a evo that’s has been set up for about 3 months now. I am now looking to make some upgrades such as lights ect. Just not sure which ones i should focus on first.

Also what would be the best anemone for this tank and would i need upgraded lights ? I just bought a purple tip and he’s seems happy.

image.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people have good success with the stock Fluval LED, as it is coral-rated. Things that I might recommend are InTank media basket and at some point a Fluval protein skimmer if you stock it with 4 or more fish.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks man , is there any specific anemone that would be best with the stock light ?
I have 5 different types of anemones in my tank: some neon tube anemones, Caribbean rock flowers, Condi anemones and 2 different types of bubbletip anemones. They all thrive for the most part in probably low to medium lighting, moderate flow and whatever they snatch in the course of feeding the fish. I do supplement my corals with Reef Roids and I include Calanus in my frozen food feedings (which the corals and anemones all seem to like).

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the saltwater hobby , I have a evo that’s has been set up for about 3 months now. I am now looking to make some upgrades such as lights ect. Just not sure which ones i should focus on first.

Also what would be the best anemone for this tank and would i need upgraded lights ? I just bought a purple tip and he’s seems happy.

image.jpg

We are just a few days way form releasing a new Flow Upgrade Kit that is directly compatible with the Fluval 13.5. It would be a great upgrade for that tank, and it would play well with Nems

RFGFK025X2_3336.jpg

Small Bubble tips would probably work out well. We keep two of them in a simple 10-gallon with just the Random Flow Generator® Nozzles for flow and an AI Prime.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back