Fluval evo 13.5

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this tank since may 2021. Lots of ups and downs. Mostly downs since I got lazy on the husbandry. Even with all the downs I can’t help but continue it. I’ve recently got back into fixing it up. Working on getting rid of the GHA. I currently have a wave maker, upgraded return pump. And fluval Marine 3.0 light. 1 green chromis, and some softies. Gsp, leather and KT. Still trying to figure out placement for everything. Any advice would be great. Just figured out my phosphorus was high probably why my corals weren’t growing. So I added some phosguard.

IMG_0969.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reefing is rarely a straight line! Good luck with your adventure!!!

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just noticed my gsp went from full out to closed. And Xenia followed. Did a water change. The next day I decided to check my salinity after research. Only check the salinity usually for my water changes. Found out my tank was 1.016. Been trying to get it back to 1.026. Not sure what caused the swing tbh. Possibly my water changes previously. I don’t constantly mix so I’m assuming it’s from the water sitting and I change the next week. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like I may be losing my xenia and Gsp from raising the salinity so fast in two days. Will give it more time before I try and get the salinity back to normal. Its currently at 1.022 or so.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this tank since may 2021. Lots of ups and downs. Mostly downs since I got lazy on the husbandry. Even with all the downs I can’t help but continue it. I’ve recently got back into fixing it up. Working on getting rid of the GHA. I currently have a wave maker, upgraded return pump. And fluval Marine 3.0 light. 1 green chromis, and some softies. Gsp, leather and KT. Still trying to figure out placement for everything. Any advice would be great. Just figured out my phosphorus was high probably why my corals weren’t growing. So I added some phosguard.

IMG_0969.jpeg
Best of luck with your tank!

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is opening up, still don't see too much from the xenia. Just going to wait a bit then slowly add more saltwater to get the parameters back.

c4haskett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. Salinity can be tricky in these small tanks. Always make sure your new salt water has the correct parameters before changing. Do you have a ATO? I've noticed that if the filtration (filter pads) gets clogged the water level will drop in the return section and rasing water level in the tank. This will cause your ATO to dump in more fresh water which drops salinity fairly quickly. The thing with smaller tanks is you have to go really slow at changing parameters and keeping them stable as possible by testing. I test Alk/Phosphate and Salinity once a day and a full water test on Saturday's or Sunday's. My new saltwater I mix, matches perfectly with what water is in the tank. No sudden changes, stable parameters and not rushing is the key to these little tanks. Here's a pic of my evo

Attachments

• 384465348_3671308396525495_4422577591456025361_n.jpg
    384465348_3671308396525495_4422577591456025361_n.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. Salinity can be tricky in these small tanks. Always make sure your new salt water has the correct parameters before changing. Do you have a ATO? I've noticed that if the filtration (filter pads) gets clogged the water level will drop in the return section and rasing water level in the tank. This will cause your ATO to dump in more fresh water which drops salinity fairly quickly. The thing with smaller tanks is you have to go really slow at changing parameters and keeping them stable as possible by testing. I test Alk/Phosphate and Salinity once a day and a full water test on Saturday's or Sunday's. My new saltwater I mix, matches perfectly with what water is in the tank. No sudden changes, stable parameters and not rushing is the key to these little tanks. Here's a pic of my evo
Awesome tank! No ATO still got all lids on, I top off myself. Running a Fluval Marine 3.0 to replace stock light. For my next tank, I will definitely put some money into it.in a couple of months when I move back home and can actually get a big tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back