Fluval Evo 13.5

FishypantsMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new I have had my tank up since August. I just wanted to know if my set up is good or if I should change up some things, because lately my rocks have been looking extra green.
stock tank
Aqua night led ( getting Ai prime he this week so excited)
Hydor 240 wave maker
A random flow generator
Stock return pump
Screen top
Chamber one filter floss top middle chemi pure elite and bottom seachem pureogen
Second chamber stock foam insert with a mix of seachem carbon and phosphate remover in a media bag and stock bio media
Last chamber temp prob ato and cobalt 50 watt
I got like 15 pounds of rock
And under 10 in sand
Stock snails hermits a clown and a watchmen golby
F rag of zoas And blue clove polyps on back wall
just looking for some hep still new to thehobbies and would like to hear what you guys think about my set up thans

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your setup sounds just fine to me. You may be overdoing the chemical filtration with the chemipure, purigen and the phosphate remover. Are you testing nitrate and phosphate regularly?

Smaller tanks are much more about their maintenance routine than the gear you have.

OP
OP
FishypantsMitch

FishypantsMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your setup sounds just fine to me. You may be overdoing the chemical filtration with the chemipure, purigen and the phosphate remover. Are you testing nitrate and phosphate regularly?

Smaller tanks are much more about their maintenance routine than the gear you have.
Yes my no3 has just been a little high along with the po4. That’s why I have been using it. Thanks I do my 3 gallon water change every Sunday

OP
OP
FishypantsMitch

FishypantsMitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

By chance what kind of tank do you have.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back