Fluval evo 13.5

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on new fluval.. funny story actually ordered some gold ring burmese danios from LiveAquaria and they were out of stock so I got an email saying I could substitute. Well I looked at divers den and found a beautiful bonded pair of orange spotted prawn goby so I am setting this tank up just for them.

I have ordered intank chamber 1 media basket and am considering updating the pump with eheim as the flow seems a bit low out of the current pump.

Added fiji pink live sand and added some handmade caves. I plan on adding some more live rock once the dust storm settles down from new sand.
20201230_200347.jpg

Yes that is a tiki mask in the back left corner, for some reason I like it....

I also bought a new nano powhead but not sure if it will be needed yet.

I have added filter media from my big tank and hope to get the gobies in the tank as soon as it is safe.

I do not at this point plan on adding a protein skimmer as I will use floss in filter 1 which I will change out weekly, and only plan on ever having the I pair unless I get some babies.

I would like to add a shrimp for them to bond with but was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on that.

Thank you.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange spotted Gobies have arrived and after 2 days settled into a cave together:

evo.jpg

It was fun watching them as they started out one in the left cave, on under rock in the middle then then slowly settled together on the cave on the right. I was not sure if they would prefer the rock or the handmade caves. They pretty much just stay half in half out of the cave all day long, and bounce up and down.

I am feeding them frozen food directly into the cave which they gobble up, but I am afraid feeding them right in their cave will cause them to be as lazy as I am.

I am excited to finish getting them settled so I can keep adding to the tank.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pump to Eheim CompactON 1000 and it is a noticeable increase to power but also noise. The stock pump was silent this pump is not super loud but has a steady low hum. I set this up on my desk since I am now working from home and hope to be able to get use to the noise.

As a side note if you want to suction cup the pump to the bottom which I normally do you will need a slightly longer hose than what comes with it, lucky for me I have a large supply of extra hose and was able to cut one just slightly longer than the one that came with the tank.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New hermit crab who moves none stop and some macro algea added today.
Also added 3 snails. Orange spotted gobies got pretty fired up when crab tried to crawl into the cave with them.

Attachments

• 20210126_191934.jpg
    20210126_191934.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210126_123804.jpg
    20210126_123804.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the new pump quieted down any?
No and I probably took it out about 5 times to ensure it was positioned right in the middle not touching anything. I finally gave up un trying to reposition it and am getting use to the noise but the pump that came with it was silent compared to this one. However for 2 times the power I do not want to go back to the old, I might try another pump in the future....

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached the in tank skimmer attachment today. Have one on my 75 gallon which really seemed to help so decided to try one here. I can see right away an increase in skim so I am happy so far. 20210127_202700.jpg 20210127_202250.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back