Fluval Evo, First Saltwater Tank

Salamander-Hime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiiii everyone! I hope I'm posting to the right place, I just wanted to make a build post for my evo 13.5!

Shes been running for a bit over a month now and so far everything is stock... Except I upgraded lights today to the AI Prime 16's and my filter media to floss->chemi-pure->more floss as well. Ill continue updating is I intend to upgrade flow soon! :) Let me know what ya think!

IMG-4338.jpg

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you may remember me talking about the welcome thread. Did you end up looking into that possum wrasse. And what fish do you have right now?

OP
OP
Salamander-Hime

Salamander-Hime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you may remember me talking about the welcome thread. Did you end up looking into that possum wrasse. And what fish do you have right now?
I did, currently Im on a wait list at my LFS. I have 2 clowns, a domino and premium snowflake, and a firefish :) They're in QT right now for the next 60~ or so days for ich from a different LFS but I cant wait to get them back in the tank!

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, currently Im on a wait list at my LFS. I have 2 clowns, a domino and premium snowflake, and a firefish :) They're in QT right now for the next 60~ or so days for ich from a different LFS but I cant wait to get them back in the tank!
Nice. I know prices on shipping on crazy, but I would recommend looking into this store https://candycorals.ca/collections/fish?page=2
It has practically every fish you can think of for saltwater aquariums. If they don't have it they can get it in for you in like a week. If you cant find anything in Nova Scotia then I would turn to here.

OP
OP
Salamander-Hime

Salamander-Hime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I know prices on shipping on crazy, but I would recommend looking into this store https://candycorals.ca/collections/fish?page=2
It has practically every fish you can think of for saltwater aquariums. If they don't have it they can get it in for you in like a week. If you cant find anything in Nova Scotia then I would turn to here.
Oh trust me I've had my eye on them lol. Good to know they can get stuff in, will def call when my ich issue is over and try to get that possum wrasse! theyre just so stinking cute!!!! <3 Also im thinking of getting a goby/pistol pair, do you have any recommendations? :)

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh trust me I've had my eye on them lol. Good to know they can get stuff in, will def call when my ich issue is over and try to get that possum wrasse! theyre just so stinking cute!!!! <3 Also im thinking of getting a goby/pistol pair, do you have any recommendations? :)
Recommendations for the type of goby or shrimp?

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For gobies there are tons of options. I have a yellow watchman goby. She is my first fish and favourite. She is with a tiger pistol.

1670372699940.png

A dracula goby

1670372728669.png

Or just a classic yellow watchman

1670372753388.png

For a pistol shrimp I would really only go with

A tiger pistol shrimp

1670372849952.png

Or a candy cane pistol

1670372880914.png

OP
OP
Salamander-Hime

Salamander-Hime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For gobies there are tons of options. I have a yellow watchman goby. She is my first fish and favourite. She is with a tiger pistol.

1670372699940.png

A dracula goby

1670372728669.png

Or just a classic yellow watchman

1670372753388.png

For a pistol shrimp I would really only go with

A tiger pistol shrimp

1670372849952.png

Or a candy cane pistol

1670372880914.png
okay awesome, i love the spots on the watchman and the stripes on the candy cane :) lots of good hiding spots in my tank too. Ive been getting algae on the sandbed so would be nice to have some sort of sand-sifter.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back