Fluval Flex 15 Gallon Stocking List

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I know I want to get a pair of clownfish, a yellow watchman with a pistol shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, emerald crab, snails and hermits. But I was wondering if I would be able to include a possum wrasse later on, potentially when my tank it more developed.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to think about reversing the order of your stocking. There is a real risk that the clowns will establish the tank as their entire territory and bully any newcomers placed in it. 15g is not that big.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started an IM Nuvo Fusion 15 gallon with very similar stocking ideas. My last tank was years ago and a 125 gallon, so real estate wasn’t as much of a problem.

Could I please ask, wouldn’t the Yellow Watchman Goby be a little too big in a 15 gallon? I had been thinking of a Yasha Goby, though they are a touch spendy, I believe. Any other suggestions on a very small Goby and shrimp combo?

I would also like a pair of small clowns and, if possible, like one other fish (in addition to the goby), something like a small wrasse, firefish goby, royal gramma, etc. But, I was thinking that might be A bit too much many fish.What do you guys think of 4 fish in a 15 AIO?

Like the OP, I would also like a fire shrimp and an emerald crab(s). I do have a few porceilin crabs, snails and hermits that came with my rock. Is this possible?

I should mention, I do have a 40 gallon I’m working towards setting up, so someday fairly soon this 15 gallon will be 40 gallons, but I’d like to know what I can safely do in a 15 gallon.

Thank you for your help!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you posting the same thread again? You didn't get the answers you wanted? You have a tiny nano tank. Put 2 tiny fish in it and be happy.

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started an IM Nuvo Fusion 15 gallon with very similar stocking ideas. My last tank was years ago and a 125 gallon, so real estate wasn’t as much of a problem.

Could I please ask, wouldn’t the Yellow Watchman Goby be a little too big in a 15 gallon? I had been thinking of a Yasha Goby, though they are a touch spendy, I believe. Any other suggestions on a very small Goby and shrimp combo?

I would also like a pair of small clowns and, if possible, like one other fish (in addition to the goby), something like a small wrasse, firefish goby, royal gramma, etc. But, I was thinking that might be A bit too much many fish.What do you guys think of 4 fish in a 15 AIO?

Like the OP, I would also like a fire shrimp and an emerald crab(s). I do have a few porceilin crabs, snails and hermits that came with my rock. Is this possible?

I should mention, I do have a 40 gallon I’m working towards setting up, so someday fairly soon this 15 gallon will be 40 gallons, but I’d like to know what I can safely do in a 15 gallon.

Thank you for your help!
Okay, thank you, I didn't realize watchman gobies could get that big.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back